“PERFECT”

Skidder's Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 145 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Greek, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Offering a wonderful variety for the whole family. Homemade pancakes, soups, bread and sauces. Antibiotic-hormone free eggs and chicken. Gluten free pasta and pizza...
“PERFECT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Found skidders one night with my friends. The service was spectacular and the food was better! It is not some fancy place but you won't notice with the constant stream of friendly Greek faces making sure your night is wonderful. We went back 2 nights in a row and suggested it to everyone we met. I am contemplating living here specifically
to visit this restaurant more!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“This establishment is going down hill :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

The quality of the food is just not the same here as it has been in the last 10+ years. Something is not right, but I just can't seem to put my finger on it. It is a "hit and miss" restaurant the past year, when it was always dependable. I was told that one of the owners had retired, but had to come back because it went down hill after he left. I have seen him there a few times recently but not regularly. As an example, one morning I ordered porridge. When it came out it was luke warm and had "green" stuff in it. Upon further examination, I determined the green was spinach!!!!! I called the waitress over and she quickly took it back to the kitchen, and brought it to the cooks attention. She graciously removed it from my check. The hosts/hostesses are gracious about finding everyone a seat, and maybe that is the problem; the wait staff are over-worked, and the kitchen staff can't keep up with the demand. Not sure what the problem or solution is, but beware of this if you are planning on going.

Canada
“one night stay at St Pete's beach”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

never had a waitress or waiter approach us to take an order or offer water. We waited about 10 minutes and then left

Visited March 2014
Victoria, Canada
“I'm on top of the world! What a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Spent half an hour looking through trip advisor to find a place for dinner that would not disappoint. Saw the reviews and decided it was worth trying. It did not disappoint. Isabella was our wonderful waitress. Waitress doesn't seem like the right word. These people love what they do, they take pride in their service, their love of good food, and love of people in general. We heard many customers being called by name, and many saying they'll have the usual. We say next to a lovely couple married 66 years. They said the food is so good, they come every night. They were right. The sangria so came within minutes. The fresh hot bread and real butter right after. The soup and salad right after that. There was no time to rest when the main meal came, hot and tasty. I had the shrimp and scallops Diavolo over pasta, and my hubby had chicken Marsala. They have an early bird menu from 4 - 6, with a great selection of food to choose from. The place was packed and it was just 5 o'clock and there was a line up out the door. As we finished our New York cheesecake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream we looked around and saw nothing but happy faces, lots of conversation between the staff and customers, and satisfied looking people. The place had a homey, familiar content vibe. The service was fast, the food was hot, and so good. It is too bad we are leaving tomorrow, as we will miss this place. We will tell everyone we know who is coming to this area to be sure not to miss this place. The place is not fancy, kind of like a diner, but you don't notice once they work their magic on you. The most obvious endorsement is all the seniors there, who know good value for their money, and the fact that many people there are well known to the staff due to being repeat customers.

Phoenix
“Just Okay Food, Nice People”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

After reading reviews on Tripadvisor and the close proximty to our hotel, we decided to have dinner at Skidders. The people working at Skidders are very nice and seem to try very hard to run a nice restaurant. The food was a bit dissapointing to us. We had the Calamari appetizer and it was a bit chewy and the oil tasted like it should have been changed sooner. I had the Gyro plate and it was pretty good. My husband and one child had pasta dishes that they did not care for at all and my other daughter had a burger that was pretty good. the prices are very affordable as well.

So not a bad place to go, just not awesome like some of the other places in St. Pete Beach. The nice thing here was the menu was huge so you can find something for everyone and the people are very nice.