“Good service, average food”

Skidder's Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 145 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Offering a wonderful variety for the whole family. Homemade pancakes, soups, bread and sauces. Antibiotic-hormone free eggs and chicken. Gluten free pasta and pizza...
Nova Scotia
“Good service, average food”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We went to Skidder and were disappointed with the quality/portions of the food. We had the broiled sole and liver & onions, but neither were great. The service was very good.

We had heard so many positive comments by word of mouth, but it did not meet our expectations.

• Visited February 2013

“Terrible!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Don't buy the "Greek owned" claim. Worst Greek food I've ever had. Gyro is pre-sliced and pre cooked. Not off a spit. Souvlaki was dried out chicken. Very few Greek dishes and another tourist restaurant claiming to be "authentic". Shame on them for claiming to be "Greek cooking". I have been to a number of real Greek restaurants and this is absolutely the worst. Don't fall for false reviews and claims. STAY AWAY.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank retroace
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Warm and casual”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Really liked the warm and casual atmosphere. My waitress seemed in a hurry with no time for me. But her boss made up for it and brought me a side of fruit to go with my egg white omlet. He was oh so pleasant.

Visited February 2013
“NY style Greek diner”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

A block away from the Tradewinds resort. I was looking for something reasonable off property for breakfast and lunch and this place hit the spot!

Varied menu including appetizers, several soups, salads, pizza, hamburgers, subs, sandwiches and dinner entrees that include pasta, seafood, steaks, veal and chicken.

Nothing fancy on atmosphere. Booths and tables with laminated tips. Efficient wait service, although not especially friendly.

I started with a cup of chicken rice soup ($3.50) which had a nicely flavored broth, not overly salty, with rice and small bits of white meat chicken, carrots and celery. Came with two packets of saltines. Also ordered the "juicy 8 oz. hamburger" ($5.95), medium rare and it was perfectly cooked. It came on a cornmeal dusted soft roll with two large slices of ripe tomato, two large green lettuce leaves and several rings of raw onion. Accompanied by a small paper cup of creamy coleslaw and a garlic dill pickle. It lived up to its "juicy" name and was huge. Since I had the soup to start. I did not order fries which would have been an additional $1.25

The whole meal )$12 including tip) was filling and satisfying.

I saw a couple order a slice of the double trouble chocolate cake, which was huge. I heard their oohs and aha as they dug in. ($5.50).

The place was busy, even on a Monday at 1:30 pm. Lots of Snowbird clientele.

It was so good I am going back for lunch today and will return for breakfast this week when my husband finishes his conference.

If you're looking for good food, value prices, in a non-fussy atmosphere, this is it. Kid's menu under $5.

Banbury, United Kingdom
“Good food but freezing air-con!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

A busy Greek-owned restaurant across the road from Postcard Inn on the Beach.We ate here twice - the second time though it was very cold outside, the air-con was so fierce it blew our serviettes off the table! We were moved to another one (much better). The air con & the glass of wine I had (tasted as if the bottle had been open for quite a while!) are why I've not ranked it as "very good" - the food, especially seafood was delicious & reasonable value, & the portions so large that we asked to share - no problem! the waiter brought us a spare plate.

Visited February 2013