All reviews rooftop bar wine hour pool bartender rain shower boutique hotel michael fabian beautiful hotel valet staff beach access pete beach pool area thin walls king suite gulf blvd lounge chairs watch the sunset live music
Reviewed January 25, 2016

My husband and I booked the package that included the hotel room for a night, the dinner and entrance to the rooftop party. We always go to hotels for New Years Eve and have done so in many large cities such as Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, New York, etc. but this was by far the most money we have ever spent for one night!

We had booked the most basic room as the package rate was $539. We were happy to see that our room had a balcony overlooking the parking lot with a small water view. It was nicely decorated and very comfortable. Unfortunately, this is where our "happiness" ended!

First, we had made a dinner reservation for 7 PM so we could enjoy a drink on the rooftop at sunset before dinner. I got a call from the hotel several days before asking to move our dinner to 6 PM but I declined. They said they had a problem with seating but I told them I wouldn't do that because I had reserved dinner about 3 weeks earlier and there was no way we would eat so early so they acquiesed but with a slight attitude about it. First disappointment-the rooftop was closed due to the NYE party so no sunset cocktail. We went to our room and just enjoyed a glass of wine on the balcony. We went to dinner slightly early - around 6:45 - and were surprised to see very little activity in the restaurant so not sure why they attempted to move us to 6 PM.

At dinner we attempted to order a $30 bottle of cava (sparking Spanish wine which would have been perfect for NYE) but low and behold they had none in stock and they didn't have any other of their bottles of sparking wine for around $30 in stock according to the server. He then suggested a riesling which we assumed would be in the $30 range since that would have been the appropriate thing. No, it was over $60 so even though we had already paid $600 for the package, we now had a tab at the restaurant for over $120 due to the auto 20% gratuity on the dinner (which they valued at around $140 per person which is ridiculous) and the bottle of wine.

We left feeling this was a scam and I wrote a note on the receipt about it and told the lady at check out but management did not address this issue at all!

We then went to the rooftop party but unfortunately my husband was not feeling well. So, we had two drinks - one their signature drink of the night....the worse Moscow mule I've ever had so I sent it back. Our bill was $39 for 3 mediocre drinks.

Needless to say, after the package rate, overpriced bottle of wine and gratuity, mandatory valet parking, resort fee and one lousy drink at their rooftop bar (we were back in our room by 10:30 PM), we spent over $800 for one night. As Floridians, we could have taken a 3 day cruise with food included for less than this!

Although the meal was very good and hotel is nice, we have spent less staying at very upscale hotels such as the Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton than we did here. No way was this one night worth this price.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere cheaper
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mom2nikki
T_Robertson-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at The Hotel Zamora, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2016

Dear mom2nikki,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our New Year’s Eve party. I am disappointed to hear your overall experience was not more positive. In order for us to get the rooftop area set up and decorated for the party, we were unfortunately forced to keep it closed until after sunset. I understand your frustrations about not being able to enjoy the area prior to dinner and will make adjustments for future events. I am sorry that the pricing and value you received for the package was not to your expectations. Our pricing was in line with other NYE venues on the beach and the Tampa area, but, I do appreciate your concerns. There is no excuse for us to not have the wine you initially selected available especially on such a busy night. I would hope you might consider giving us another chance for your business. If so, please feel free to contact me directly to handle your reservations.

Reviewed January 24, 2016

My sister and I stayed at this property for a long weekend. The rooms and common areas are lovely. We enjoyed the easy beach access on the other side of the road. We had a few glitches with our reservation, but once we connected to the right management person we found them very caring. I believe there is an issue that can be easily resolved with the locks between connecting rooms to increase guests peace of mind. We explained this suggestion and hopefully it has been implemented. The pool area was great. And we also had a lovely meal at the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family

Dear LCSussman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments regarding your past stay with us and am glad you chose our hotel for a long weekend getaway. I am sorry there were initial issues with your reservation, but am happy we were able to resolve the glitches in such a positive manner. I also appreciate your suggestion about our connecting door locks. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2016

We had a lovely staycation at Hotel Zamora over MLK weekend. The property is beautiful. The king suite was well apportioned. The 360 Lounge, although chilly while we were there, had wonderful views of the sunset. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear yovi-law,

I’m glad you decided to try us out for the holiday weekend and I am pleased to hear that we did not disappoint. Thank you for your recommendation and the excellent 5 star review. The views from our rooftop are truly like no other in the bay area. I am happy you were able to enjoy our amazing sunsets and hope to have you back again for another staycation.

Reviewed January 19, 2016

A friend and I visited Hotel Zamora for the weekend. The property is gorgeous and the staff were very helpful, but I don't think we will visit again. The website shows that you are on the beach, but the hotel is not on the beach. It does back up to a gorgeous waterway, but there is no sand on the property. We felt a little disappointed that the website gave the impression of beach access.

We also wish we knew that this was a party hotel. My friend and I came for a relaxing girls weekend. Our experience was less than relaxing. The hotel seems to attract a very "miami beach" clientele which makes it the perfect spot for some. It just wasn't what we had in mind. The second night we had a horrible experience with our next door neighbors partying all night long. The hotel staff went above and beyond to move our room and make our stay great.

While I love the hotel, the majority of the guests that it attracts make it better for a party weekend than for a relaxing beach getaway.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank CFish1979
jmarkunas, General Manager at The Hotel Zamora, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2016

Hello CFish1979,

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and that the experience wasn't what you were looking for.

John

Reviewed January 17, 2016

Attended a Birthday celebration for my Buddy on the Roof top. Views are Beautiful. The staff are some of the best, from the Valet, to the concierge, front Desk, Bar and the Castile Restaurant., Can't say enough about the top quality service my wife and I received. I have to mention the rooms, I've stayed East to West coast and States between , this hotel is on the top of my list!

Room Tip: 3rd floor room 305B
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends

Dear WARONE,

Happy belated Birthday to you friend!!!! . I am glad that our overall service from our staff and especially our amazing restaurants culinary delights exceeded you and your wife’s expectations. I hope we will be your hotel of choice when you celebrate your all your friends special days for many years to come.