“Gleefully Great Escape”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Pete Beach
Long Key Beach Resort & Motel
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed January 11, 2008

We have stayed at the Long Key Beach Resort three times, once with our kids and twice just my husband and I. We absolutely love it and are going back the end of January. We can't wait! The hosts are charming and they make you feel right at home. The atmosphere is tropical and quiet. The rooms are clean and bright and there are several room types to choose from. You definitely can't beat their prices . The grounds are delightful, with a wonderful free form pool complete with waterfall, shuffleboard, grills, and an awesome observation/sundeck deck. To top it all off there is nothing between you , the warm sandy beach ,and the gulf of mexico.
A definite paradise!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank Adirondaker

Reviewed September 28, 2007

We didn't actually stay at the Long Key, although we had planned to. The web site is beautiful; however, the room we were given was not a representation of the web site. First of all there was no one to greet us at the front desk for quite a while. Then a maintenance man came in and seemed rather confused, but gave us the key to our assigned room. Upon walking in we flipped on the light switch and it did not work (none of the switches worked). It was dark and dingy, stains on the carpet, very dirty looking dining chairs. The clothing closet was within a boiler room with an exposed boiler and pipes. Wires were everywhere within the small apartment. It was just very unpleasant and neither my husband nor I wanted to stay there. We left there due to incorrect web site representation and found a lovely spot down the street at the Bon-Aire Resort Motel. The Long Key might be completely different in one of the newer rooms, so my purpose of this review is to suggest that you request an updated room shown on the web site, not one of the older rooms, or you will be completely disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
13  Thank daedreamor
Reviewed July 20, 2007

We found Long Key Beach Resort online. The room was clean and the grounds and pool were gorgeous. However, there were a few things that left us scratching our head...starting with the fact that they do not have anyone at the front desk to greet you. You have to push an intercom button for someone to come out to the desk. We also found it strange that staff members that we had not seen before knew exactly what room number we were staying. To add to the strangeness, when we went to check out I buzzed the intercom to get "can I help you?" I told them I was there to check out. The Gentleman then proceeded to say, "Room ***?" I said yes and he then said that we were all set, to just leave the keys on the counter. I think that was a little informal and I would have rather had someone come out, greet me, and ask me how our stay was. My husband did see a wireless camera behind the desk (we wonder if it is one of many). Not even 5 minutes after that conversation about check-out, my husband went back to the room because he forgot to leave a tip for the maid, SHE WAS ALREADY IN THE ROOM CLEANING. It's like they saw us pack up, take our things to the car, and were waiting for us to leave...Puzzling. The free Wi-fi connection is a hit or miss. Because we were closer to the beach front, I assume we were farther away from the router. We could only sit in certain chairs to get service and even then it was slow. And if you love to take hot showers, you might not want to stay here. It took FOREVER to get just WARM water out of the faucet. The waterfall on the pool seemed to only run a few hours a day. We'd thought maybe they would run it dawn to dusk. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and courteous. Parking is EXTEMELY tight...do NOT plan on driving your large SUV or pickup and expect to park it. We read on another review that parking was tight so we opted to take my small compact car instead of my husband extended cab pick-up...SMARTEST IDEA OF THE TRIP!! The pool temperature was always perfect no matter what time of day it was and there are plenty of chairs to relax in by the pool.

Overall, our stay was great and we would probably stay here again, although I might be more apt to check the room for hidden cameras and leave the laptops at home. Great place to stay for the price! The grounds, pool, and rooms are exactly as advertised on their website.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family