Gulf Gate Resort
Alden Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$189
Alden Suites
$138
The Don CeSar(St. Pete Beach)
$309
$158
$109
Agoda.com
$245
  • Pool
Sirata Beach Resort(St. Pete Beach)
$165
$149
$173
St Pete Beach Suites(St. Pete Beach)
$159
$127
$349
$269
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgranite countertopswasher and dryerfull kitchenprevious renterslocation was perfectlarge living roomgreat condopool areapete's beachsofa sleepervery pleased with our staywave runnersthe sliding glass doorpublix grocery storeview of the baybeach towelsrestaurants within walking distance
Reviewed April 8, 2013

we stayed here for the 1st time after coming to SPB since our kids were 2-3 years old. we had unit 106. last unit avail after booking after xmas 2012. we stayed 1 week. this room was at the back of the bldg. overlooking a smaller low bldg but their were palm trees blocking the view so that was nice. balcony was big and we enjoyed the sun from 11-noon (esp the weather was cool and windy most of the week). since we have been to SPB so often we know the area. this is the 1st time we stayed 'so far' north on the beach. like this location. Publix across street. Best bar on beach is Bongos. do not miss going there! Unit was spacious. kids took broom with walk in closet and king size bed. we had murphy bed in living room. worked out great. a bit dated unit but worked for us. didnt feel like to we had to be super careful with a newer place. but also dont want to pay more $$ either for a newer nicer place. will prob go back again next year with another family. lots to say about this area. we love it here! hate to leave...

Room Tip: I liked 1st floor so you can take stairs and not wait for elevator. rooms over looking pool/beach sound great but you have to hear kids in pool all day plus people can see you on ur balcony all the time
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tina K
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed in 301. Looked just like photos on site. Could use some serious updating in the furnishings department, but unit was clean. Very spacious one bedroom condo. Two full sized beds in master were in good condition. Pull out in family room was not tolerable for sleeping. Kitchen was stocked well with newer appliances. Bathrooms dated but clean. Balcony had a nice view. Pool, spa and entire pool area very clean with plenty of chairs. Water heated perfectly for the cold wave experienced the week we stayed (50-60's). Hallways, common areas and stairs clean. Doors need replacing, but locks were in good working order, stairwells locked building was secure. Covered parking space. Washer and dryer in unit big bonus. Overall a nice stay during a COLD week.

Room Tip: South side gulf view was a nice view. Anything not gulf view looks at parking or street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kris F
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here for the second time this year. Beware that many rooms do not have great views. If the description says "bay view" you will be on your balcony looking at the roof of another building and watching traffic on the busy (and noisy) Gulfside blvd. our unit was nicely equipped in the kitchen but TVs were not flat screens. The beach is the best and this condo is far enough from public access that it's not crowded. The woman that checked us in was extremely rude. She needs to find a job that doesn't require customer service. Even though the resort was only 40% occupied, she got very nasty when I inquired about a second parking spot for my husband that was coming 2 days later. She responded "didn't you read the rules? Only one spot per unit. Park down the road at the Publix". Not very accommodating considering we were only asking for 2 days of the 11 spots that remained empty throughout our visit. Because of her attitude, we not retun next year.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
16  Thank SunseekerOrlando
Reviewed July 13, 2012

After staying in the past at a different hotel for several years we decided to try something new. We stayed in room/unit 102 at Gulf Gate. It was very large with 2 bedrooms and an open kitchen/ dining/living room plan. EVERYTHING had been redone in this unit. (when I say everything, I mean everything!) The beds were very comfy (pillow-tops). The pull-out sofa bed in the living room was NOT comfortable at all. My husband and I were to sleep on it since my parents got the king in the master bedroom and my daughters took the twins in the other bathroom. We ended up each taking a sofa (my husband got the full and I got the loveseat). The furniture was super comfy and leather and I slept just fine. We had everything we needed in the kitchen and the dryer and washer were a great plus (and did I say new also?) We had a huge balcony off the living room and master bedroom overlooking the pool and the beach. The beach is literally right there. We were lucky enough to go the week of the 4th and the fireworks on the beach and in the gulf were remarkable and went on for hours! We just sat on our balcony and watched the whole thing! This truly was an awesome place and an awesome room! I am afraid that my review will encourage other people to go here and could affect future bookings on my part! It was very quiet the week I was there also!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Renee22178
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed in Rm 303. The owners of this particular condo had recently renovated it, and did a nice job. It seemed that most of the furniture, cabinets, appliances and flooring were all new. The A/C works well, too...important since the afternoon sun really beams into the living room. Add that to the beautiful gulf-front view from the private balcony, and it made for a nice relaxing time in this 1 BR condo.

The property is older and is currently under exterior renovation. The hallways looked worn as did the exterior entry doors, but once inside 303, you wouldn't know you weren't in a new facility. 303 also has an assigned covered ground-level parking spot....which keeps the car from getting too hot out in the sun. Only 5 floors high, the complex has 40 units and is in a convenient location--Crabby's Bill's is next door and across the street is IHOP, Publix SuperMrkt, and Chic-Fil-A. John's Pass Entertainment Complex is less than 5 miles north, and Pass-A-Grille Beach is 2 miles south of the property. Restaurants are everywhere.

Those people on the staff whom I met seemed really nice...Brad was most helpful in booking and at check-in.

Two complaints: 1) The king bed is not comfortable (thank God for Ambien) -- you can feel the springs 2) There is no maintenance on Sundays, and follow up is poor. There was a mechanical breakage issue on one of the toilets and they said their repairman would come on Monday. He still had not shown when I checked out on Tuesday. Thankfully, the condo is 1 1/2 baths.

Still, I would stay here again...

I