“Great Place for a date” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge

Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 145 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ormond Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place for a date”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I went for dinner, it was great. After dinner we went to the bar for an after dinner drink and met some people from out of town----we ended up being there for hours laughing and having a great time.

Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Spinners is really worth a visit as that special treat for any visit to St Pete's area.
The food was of a high standard, the service excellent, and the views were out of this world. It is worth noting you will need to book in advance, but that is to be expected.
We visited at Sunset, which made it that bit more special.
The staff did not rush you to finish your meal, and offered great advice on the choices.
My only negative, was they did not stock ice cream, which when you have a family with small children can be a slight issue.
But well worth the visit!

1 Thank Lee P
London
“It's the view !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

First and foremost as I say it's the view ! You can not knock it ! Well mane for 90 degrees of it but wow you would be quite a grinch ! The food is good but not great. The servers work hard and do their best. I would liken it to food on a short haul boat trip or suchlike.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tampa
“Fabulous Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I recently ate at Spinners while vacationing at the Grand Plaza. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole meal - from the appetizers and drinks to the filet mignon. The steak was so delicious, I ate the whole thing (and I am a small person). We also were able to enjoy a magnificent sunset as our table revolved along the Gulf. The food was wonderful, and the service was superb. We can't wait to go back!

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Amazing, unbeatable views; okay but overpriced food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

TIP: get a reservation; If you walk up, you will most likely have a very long wait or will not get a table at all.

My husband and I ate at Spinners for dinner because we had heard that the view was spectacular at sunset. We planned our dinner to sit down one hour before sunset, which plenty of time to see the bays and inlets as well as the views up and down the beach before we watched the sun go down. I would have happily eaten a mere sandwich in order to enjoy that aspect of the restaurant. Onto the food: We ordered steaks, which each came with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and a salad to start.The salad was very odd: Romaine lettuce topped with dried cranberries, cherry tomatoes, mandarin orange slices, and red onion slices-- in my mind, this is not a cohesive palate; I ate my salad in halves: fruit and lettuce to start followed by lettuce and tomatoes- I didn't eat the onions. We ordered the steaks medium rare, and they were cooked medium; the seasoning was pretty good, about what you'd get if you ordered steak at Longhorn Steakhouse. The mashed potatoes were very good-- best thing on my plate, really. The broccoli was lightly steamed and salted-- fine, but very unimpressive. A comment on the menu in general: the food offered is pretty basic, run of the mill, "American" food- on the 'heavy' side: large portions of meat and sides. The menu doesn't really contain "light" dinner items-- no dinner salads or small plates, really (unless you decide to order an appetizer or two and call it a meal). If you are accustomed to fine dining in larger cities, you will not consider this food to be of that quality, so be prepared to eat like you're at a steak chain with $5-10 added to the price of each entree. However, like I said to begin with: the view is unbeatable. If you don't mind paying for the view, then this restaurant is worth a go!

• 2 of 5 bubbles