“Great Place for Great Dane and Family” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina
GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Great Place for Great Dane and Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

We had a great time. It was very quite and quaint place. The dog had a great time too. Took him to dog beach Fort Del Soto Park. Best place ever for a dog.Definitley reccommend this place again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

I am so glad we stayed at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort! We had originally booked at Bayview, a sister resort, but were upgraded to a suite at the Bay Palms for no extra charge. I was originally hesitant because I had read several "bad" reviews of the Bay Palms but was very pleasantly surprised. We had a 1 bedroom suite with 2 sofa beds in the living room for the kids. The only problem was one of the sofa beds wasn't very comfortable. The bedroom had all new furniture. The owners were wonderful and the service was excellent. We were right across the street from all the business on the Gulf but also enjoyed the peacefulness of a small hotel on the bay. Can't wait to go back!

Chicago,ILL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

As a frequent business traveler I found the hotel very accommodating for me as well as it would be if I were to bring my family down. I was surprised to see a full kitchen in my room and penalty of space to get my work done. The free Wifi had a great signal, the heated pool was overlooking the water, free parking, free small fitness room, everything I needed at a very reasonable rate and walking distance to all the restaurants. Most importantly my room was clean and the staff at both offices were very helpful and outgoing. I will be returning later in the year for another business trip to St Pete Beach and I will definitely choose the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. You get the best value with many amenities.
Mike

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

Rooms were clean, kitchen is accomodating for family of 4 (so bring extra utensils), pool is fine, deck is great...my boys had fun timing fishing, hotel accessible to major attractions..beautiful beaches....

Orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Never did I receive the promised email conformation! Never was it mentioned the office is closed on Sundays! Never have I been to a resort that it took over an hour to check in because the key was wrong 3 TIMES! NEVER have I had to change rooms without offering compensation! NEVER have i been promised a Queen bed & it only be a double! Never have I taken my dog somewhere with no place to walk her. ( The small grass area next to the parking lot does not count). Never have I left an item and been unable to get it back.(My portable shark Vacuum is no where to be found) NEVER have I felt so RIPPED OFF!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Oaklandsnowie
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for us not being able to find your belongings. We generally very good at keeping goods left behind which is evident in our overflowing lost and found! As for the email confirmation I am sure it could be chocked up to a miscommunication. Sometimes we do not get the email address perfectly right over the phone. Also, there is a huge park to walk your dogs called Lido Park no more than one block away from where you were staying. We apologize if you had a bad experience with keys not working. We hope to gain your business back in the future.
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

The present owners have and are continuing to improve the property with no expence spared. My wife and i have been staying at the Bay Palm and when it was named the Ritz Motel for many years now and can say with all honesty the place has never looked better. Will be there again next year God willing.

Ross & Maura Haworth from the UK

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

Very clean and staff very friendly. Took my dog and bird. Park close by to walk dog. I would recommend getting the deluxe hotel room. The regular hotel room is a little small. I will stay again when traveling with pets.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo