All reviews huge deck pete beach free beer and wine boca ciega bay living room main resort beach access other guests within walking distance full size refrigerator beach side small pool directly across the street sister resort home away from home spring break lounge chairs
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I enjoyed the trip with my family for 3 days. The resort was clean and calm. It had a beautiful place for fishing and outdoor pool. The beach was close to the resort and it was free to park there. However, the office is away from the resort so that I had to drive to get there. The price was quite affordable and I had a pleasant memory in this resort. I want to visit there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This resort is close to everything. It is across the street from the beach resorts, half a block from Walgreens, 2 blocks from Publics, lots of restaurants within walking distance.

To get to the beach walk south (to the right towards Walgreens) 1/2 block and cross Gulf Blvd. Look for the white concrete arch. Walk through the arch, it is a path straight to the beach.

You do have to check in at a sister resort, Plaza Beach Hotel which is 2 blocks south. There is no office at the Bay Palms. If you want beach/pool towels you have to go to the Plaza Beach Hotel.

The Bay Palms has a huge deck that looks out over the inter-coastal waters. There is also a small pool. There are thatched "tiki huts" that provide shade if you want to be outside but not be in the sun.

They do not provide coffee in the rooms. There is coffee in the lobby of the Plaza Beach Hotel in the mornings, but I did not want to walk 2 blocks for morning coffee. The rooms do have a coffee machine and filters, but you have to bring your own coffee. Traffic noise does exist, if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.

A big positive is the resort is eco friendly. The rooms have mounted dispensers for dish soap, hand soap, shampoo and conditioner, thus saving plastic bottles from the land fill.

Since I was alone, they put me in a small hotel style efficiency room. The room would be tight with two people. The suites with separate bedrooms are much bigger. There were many suites available the entire time I stayed there but I was not offered an upgrade. Also, when I checked in there was no running water. The desk said they would send maintenance. I waited for over two hours (lost vacation time) and finally checked and it worked! It would have been better customer service if they would have called to inform me it was fixed and I could have spent time at the beach. Two examples of not understanding customer service.

Over all the place is great if you prefer the old style resorts. I do not mean that to be a negative. I do not like the high rise style places, but like places with charm and character. This place has that.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ecodevo
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m glad you appreciated our eco-friendly initiatives and close proximity to the beach and stores. I apologize that the water was not working when you checked in. I looked into it and found they had shut the water to a few rooms off for about five minutes while making a quick repair. After your phone call, the front desk immediately called maintenance and they advised the water was already back on. The front desk called your room right away, but got no answer. We actually did not have any of the larger one bedroom suites available during your stay. Next time, we encourage you to book directly so that we can let you know exactly what is available. Your room was booked through a third party for a secret room type, which is our standard room. Since you prefer smaller resorts like ours, I hope you come back and visit again.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was so pleased with Bay Palms Waterfront. From the street it looked like your typical beach hotel but when you went to the back it was a whole different world with the dock, pool, deck and a great tropical decor, The place is beautiful and peaceful and very close to great restaurants and beaches. The staff at check in were very pleasant and accommodating...so very polite. Our housekeeper Inga was exceptional. Always smiling and always asking if there was anything we needed. Please take good care of her. What I loved especially about Bay Palms they didn't have carpet nor bedspreads. Unlike other hotels when your linens were changed you didn't have to worry about cleanliness. The floors were tiled so you were sure they were very clean because they were mopped and the room always smelled fresh. This is the first time there and I look forward to future stays at Bay Palms.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be top notch,
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Bay Palms Resort. The facility and staff were very accommodating and friendly. The room was clean, nicely decorated,and the boat docking was everything that i expected. I will be staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We arrived May 10th 2014 after a long ride from the other side of Florida; w pulled up and thought OMG what have we done! We travel with our dog so my husband walked him while I ran across the street to check in. After unloading the car and finding a car wash to get rid of the ever popular love bugs we soon knew why this property got such rave reviews. Our room was bright, clean and quiet (even though it faced the street). Staff from the front desk helpful and Inga the housekeeper was a jewel, professional yet sweet and so helpful. After the crowds left on Sunday it became our almost private oasis. Husband enjoyed fishing off the dock and we both enjoyed the pool. It was a relaxing stay. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for a great Five Star review of your stay at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort – Hotel and Marina. I’m glad you were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations. Though from the outside our resorts have an old Florida look by design, we are completely updated and modern. There are so few boutique resorts left, we try to preserve the vintage feel of family vacations of years past, but with all of the upgrades and amenities today’s guests expect. I will be sure to let Inga know you appreciated her service. I hope to see you (and your doggy Quinlan) again very soon for another relaxing getaway!

Robert Czyszczon