We recently stayed at the Bay Palms for 5 nights. This bay side complex for the most part has been upgraded with many obvious improvements and the unit we stayed in was very clean. We stayed in a 1 bedroom deluxe unit & while our stay was quite comfortable there were just a couple of things we do wish we'd known ahead of time or that could have enhanced our vacation. We had read on their website that our unit offered a full kitchen & use of barbeques. We did our grocery shopping prior to check in since we were early. Unfortunately their full kitchen did not include an oven & their cook-top range was only a small 3 burner unit. I had to try to cook our lasagna as well as chicken fingers & fries in either a small microwave or a single frying pan. Really not full cooking facilities for a family of 5 or 6 if you are hoping to do all of your own cooking to minimize eating out. We had also purchased hamburgers we had hoped to barbeque but found out later that the barbeques are charcoal burning which we were not prepared for. Again a frying pan dinner, which was a bit of a let down when you are anticipating a barbequed hamburger. We were not alone in our disappointment with this discovery as other guests had also thought to have read about gas grills on the website. To add to our cooking challenges, our smoke detector was found in the entry way hall, which doubled as our kitchen. This alarm went off every time we cooked on the stove top or made toast in the toaster on the kitchen counter. We took to toasting our bagels on the living room floor to try to avoid disturbing our neighbors with the alarm. Also would like to note that the pest control service came & sprayed our unit while my husband and I as well as 3 children were in the unit. I came out of the bathroom to see him finishing up & promptly suggested we all go out for awhile as I was concerned about of the safety of this.
I also just wanted to mention that it was a little inconvenient that the office at this complex never seemed to be open. We had read that fishing poles were available for use but were never able to find anyone to obtain the fishing poles from even though we could see them leaning against the glass window within the office. I realize we could have made the trek down the road to the main office to try to find someone who could help us, but you get a little weary of that after a few trips down the road to obtain & then return beach/pool towels at the main resort.
On the plus side, the 3 children with us did enjoy watching other guests, who had brought their own fishing rods, catching fish. The underwater lights at night really do attract a lot of fish and a fellow guest told us that he had seen a dolphin chasing some of these fish by the pier late 1 evening. The deck was a peaceful, quiet area for relaxing. Our unit was very spacious with convenient dispensers for soap/shampoo/conditioner. I have no doubt that a lot of these issues will eventually be addressed as they appear to be working hard at improving their amenities & facilities. However, if I had read about a few of these issues ahead of time, I may have arrived a little better prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina is an authentic Florida boutique resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Boasting as having one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg at 1,500 square feet, you can enjoy great fishing, watch the manatees and dolphins, or dock your boat right on site. With a beautiful pool overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay this makes Bay Palms Waterfront Resort a perfect destination for relaxation, and best of all, it is only 200 feet from the beach. Room types range from spacious studio apartments with kitchenettes to large one bedroom apartment suites. Best of all, we have NO surprise resort fees! Enjoy everything the Bay Palms has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier use. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2008. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, and has a friendly staff ready to assist you with your authentic Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as Greenleaders Gold Award from TripAdvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is within walking distance: the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. Activities such as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands are available nearby. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Also, as a guest of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort, you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE beach chairs, FREE beach towels, FREE parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina St. Pete Beach, Florida