One of the best dog friendly hotels we stayed in. We had a great time and so did the dog. The hotel is well maintained. We stayed on the intercoastal Bay Palms which is connected to the Bayview and share the property. We stayed in the one bedroom deluxe that was large and clean. The floors are all tile. The Decor theme is definitely old Florida style but all new furniture.There is two docks for fishing or just lounging around watching the pelicans diving for fish. There is a big patio with a heated pool and barbecue grills. This is a family hotel so quiet hours are at 9 P.M. which we found great. If you like the nightlife there is plenty of places in walking distance for that. Fort Desoto park is only a couple of miles away and they have a great dog beach where Fido can play in the water or if your dog is not good with voice command they have 2 big fenced areas in the grass. One for small dogs and one for large dogs. Fort Desoto definitely is the best dog beach I have found so far. On the hotel property they have a smal grassy area for dog pottie and a little enclosed area on the patio for the dog to play. My dog didn't like either one but she loved the family park that is one block away. They have poop bags at the entrance so you don't have to bring your own. Pinellas county is real strict about cleaning up after Fido. There was two minor cons I found about the Bay Palms. One was the parking since it is right on Gulf Blvd and parking can be a challenge. But if you back into the space it makes it alot easier to get out. The second is the office isn't open 24 hours, but they do have an emergency number and they will take care of you promptly when you call. The bottom line this is great place to stay even if you aren't bringing Fido. But if you do bring Fido, then this place is a must.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina is a Florida Tropical boutique resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Boasting one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg at 1,500 square feet. You can enjoy great fishing, watch the Manatees and Dolphins, or dock your boat. With a beautiful pool overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay this makes Bay Palms Waterfront Resort a perfect destination for relaxation, and best of all, it is only 200 feet from the beach. Room types range from spacious studio apartments with Full Kitchens to large One bedroom apartment suites. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Bay Palms has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier use. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2008. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants and shopping is just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Also as a guest of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including: the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina St. Pete Beach, Florida