I had very high expectations after reading the 4 and 5 star ratings from viewers on here. If I could rate it 3.5, then that's what it would be, but I can only give it a 3. This place was just meh for me. We are used to fancier places, so it was ok and decent for the price. However, I decided to be cheap for our summer vacation this year and sort of regret it.
The place is very clean, which is a plus. The kitchen is nice and new, but in the end we ate out more than we cooked. I did not like the 1990s tropical decor. Reminded me of the Golden Girls. Even cheap Holiday Inn and Comfort Inns have nicer and newer decor than this place. they need to stay with the neutrals and get rid of the floral prints, pink lamps, and fake flowers. Less is more. Nor did I like any of the pools. I did like the pier, which was lovely. The rooms themselves felt very cave-like. After a week here, it felt like we'd been here for a month.
This place is great for families on a budget. I noticed a lot of local Floridians staying here for a couple of days and people who drove from the Mid-west so this place is heaven for them. We flew in for a week, mainly to go to Lego Land for a couple of days, and I thought we would stay at the beach. However, when we were walking on the beach, I found myself always longingly looking at the Don Loews resort. I love resorts with huge fancy pools, so Bay Palms was not my type of place. For some reason I decided to go cheap via Expedia. We are used to price line or other deals where we get $100 rooms at fancy ocean front hotels in Miami, Cancun, or Puerto Rico, so this place did not do it for me. To be fair, I would have to say that places like Fort Myers, St. Pete's, or the west coast of Florida is not my cup of tea. Nor do I like places like VA Beach or Ocean City, MD where I live. I prefer Miami or the Caribbean When my son gets older, then it will be Asia and Europe. However, for its price, Bay Palms is good for families with a budget and people with dogs. I take 3 vacations a year where we fly out so I suppose I am spoiled rotten, but I work hard all year long so I like to spoil myself with prettier hotels than this. This place looked more like a motel or Comfort Inn type place with a kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina is a Florida Tropical boutique resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Boasting one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg at 1,500 square feet. You can enjoy great fishing, watch the Manatees and Dolphins, or dock your boat. With a beautiful pool overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay this makes Bay Palms Waterfront Resort a perfect destination for relaxation, and best of all, it is only 200 feet from the beach. Room types range from spacious studio apartments with Full Kitchens to large One bedroom apartment suites. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Bay Palms has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier use. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2008. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants and shopping is just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Also as a guest of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including: the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina St. Pete Beach, Florida