All reviewshuge deckpete beachfree beer and wineboca ciega bayliving roommain resortbeach accessother guestswithin walking distancefull size refrigeratorbeach sidesmall pooldirectly across the streetsister resorthome away from homespring breaklounge chairs
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Arrived on 4/14 for a week long stay. Arrived early and was told the room was not ready understandably. Was told we could use the facilities and would be called when the room was ready. Sat by the pool and waited. Check in time was 3:00 pm. About 3:30 pm went to the front desk and asked if the room was ready yet and was told that the shift changed and they did not know to call us. OK no big deal. We rented a deluxe one bedroom suite with a queen bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the suite area. We were given a suite with two double beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed. When we checked with the front desk we were told the suites did not have queen beds only double beds. Not only do I have an issue with truth in advertising but our confirmation clearly stated a queen bed.
So finally checked in and found the cleanliness to be sub-par. The room was cleaned but only on a cursory level. There were frozen ice cream bowls in the freezer, empty candy wrappers in the closet and worse of all a half filled baby bottle stuffed in the cushions of the sofa bed. Thank goodness we planned to use the sofa bed because when we opened it and found the half filled baby bottle we tossed it immediately. It could have been incredibly offensive.

I hope to be able to write better reviews as the week progresses but first impressions are not very good

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sangla26
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to provide me with feedback. Guest suggestions and opinions are so important to help me improve our resort. First, I want to apologize that we did not fully meet you expectations on the day of check-in. Check-in is after 3:00pm, we do allow guest to come as early as noon to enjoy the facilities while they wait for their room. I am sorry that the front office did not call you to let you know that your room was ready, they are usually very good about that, but this time someone overlooked it. As for our Deluxe One Bedroom Suites and all of our rooms, we don’t guarantee room bedding, when you book we guarantee the room type and that it will accommodate the number of people you booked for. Because we have so many different rooms arranged in different ways with different bedding there is no way we could list all of them. The majority of the Deluxe One Bedroom Suites at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort are One Queen and Two Sleeper sofa’s however we do have many other configurations. I really apologize for that misunderstanding. As for your room being cleaned sub-par, that is completely unacceptable in my book. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, and if you read other reviews you will see that everyone mentions how clean and spacious the rooms are. I wish you would have contacted me about that; I would have had sent the housekeeper back up to re-clean and re-check the room. This is not a typical case as our property as I mentioned earlier so I really apologizes about that.

Thank you again for bringing these items to my attention.

Plaza Beach Resorts – St Pete Beach

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We recently spent a month at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. It was our 15 year staying in the same apartment. During the past few years there have been many improvements both in the apartment and in the grounds that surround the resort. It is rare that we don't see one of the owners during the day and the housekeeping service is excellent. We wouldn't want to stay at any other place in Florida. We step out our door and the bay is there to watch for dolphins and manatees. It's quiet at night and we have so many friends that return each year that it's like a reunion to see them. This year we had four apartments or motel rooms occupied by us and our friends during all or part of our stay. They all plan to return again next year. We love that it's pet friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I brought our family to stay at the Bay Palms Resort and the rooms were very clean and updated. The location was perfect it was near great restaurants and bars. The kids fished everyday and we swam in the pool. It was a beautiful stay. The first day we saw a manatee with her baby and she swam up to us so we can spray fresh water in their mouths. Great place and a great stay!!! Definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank yolinerrol
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My family and I live 1 hour North of St Pete and were looking to take a family vacation, to take the kids and other family members for a spring break getaway! We had 12 people going and wanted to keep it local. Little did we know how great this place would be! We were able to bring our dog Lucy, the rooms accommodated all of our needs, everything was clean, it had a great family vibe, great surroundings and will definitely be back in the near future! The owner Robert is very personable and look forward to staying at the Plaza Beach next time with the wife!

When you see the Manatee, spray the hose in the water and they will come to the dock to drink the fresh water! it's a great family experience!

The Rosario family

3  Thank errol r
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I love the pictures of the manatees, thank you for posting them. We are always thrilled when our local’s discover our properties. I am glad to hear that your entire family enjoyed their stay; being that you are only 1-hour away I look forward to hosting everyone more often.

Welcome to our extend family and our resorts, as we say “Traditions Start Here” and I look forward to seeing your family again this summer.

Plaza Beach Resorts
“Family Owned and Operated since 1988”

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We just returned from staying at Bay Palms the week of March 24-31st, 2012. Everything looks exactly like the pictures. We checked in at Plaza Beach Resort (their main resort 100 yards away). Check in was curtious, friendly and quick by Ingrid and Catrina. We would also stop in occasionally for information or directions to a local spot. The ladies were always helpful and friendly. As soon as we checked into our room which, by the way, was spotless, and looked as if it had been totally re-done, we went out to the deck that overlooked Boca Ciega Bay. Everyone we met were so friendly and we ended up sharing many conversations over coffee or breakfast in the morning out on the deck. It was some great adult time. Our kids would get up later, have breakfast, then we'd hang out by the pool, and then go across the street to the beach by noon. Guests of Bay Palm and Bay View enter the beach via Plaza Beach resort, which you can use thier amenities as well. (They have free beer and wine from 4-5 every day in thier rec. room) There's a great little hot dog/burgers/beefs hut just behind the pool there that we visited several times for lunch while at the beach. Bay Palms is a small property and I have say we were a little nervous when we first pulled up but was pleasantly surprised when we got into our room and went to the back to view the bay and pool and deck area. Everything is super clean and well kept. We grilled out on the deck one night and ate our dinner out there and it was just awesome! Every morning and every dusk some manatees come up to the pier for drinks of water. There is a water hose off of the pool area and if you put the hose in the water the manatee come up for drinks. Our kids loved that! I only saw one dolphin in the bay while we were there. One of the other guests said they usually don't come around if it's warmer than usual. It was in the mid to high 80's while we were there! We were thrilled to death with the warm weather. I have to mention that we walked our little dog 1/2 block down to the Walgreens as there is grass there and there is also a park nearby. That worked great for us and she needed to walk as well as we put her in the kennel while we were out. It was not an inconvenience at all for us. Also, there is Gigi's Italian restaurant on the corner that we had some really good pizza from and the little Italian deli beside it is to-die-for! We bought fresh baked loaves of bread in morning and pastries and cookies and we also had some really good salami there as well. By about Thursday my husband and I were thinking the same thing....we want to go back. We loved our room....and loved that we could park the van right beside the door. It is a trip we will not long forget and staying at the Bay Palms was the icing on the cake! We highly recommend this little gem to anyone who is curious about it.

Room Tip: We had a front unit facing the street....and we couldn't even hear the traffic. We stayed on the bottom level and liked that as we could park our van very close by.
1  Thank Donnilyn
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

On behalf of everyone at the Plaza Beach Resorts, I would like to “Thank You” for your wonderful review and GREAT pictures. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to see both the Manatees and Dolphins that frequent are resort.

I am happy you discovered our wonderful resorts and I want to personally welcome you to our extend family. Our Slogan is “Tradition Start Here” and I look forward to seeing you and your family on your next to Florida.

Also, Thank you for your specific mention of Ingrid and Catrina, I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach
“Family Owned and Operated Since 1988”