All reviewshuge deckpete beachfree beer and wineboca ciega bayliving roommain resortbeach accessother guestswithin walking distancefull size refrigeratorbeach sidesmall pooldirectly across the streetsister resorthome away from homespring breaklounge chairs
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My family and I live 1 hour North of St Pete and were looking to take a family vacation, to take the kids and other family members for a spring break getaway! We had 12 people going and wanted to keep it local. Little did we know how great this place would be! We were able to bring our dog Lucy, the rooms accommodated all of our needs, everything was clean, it had a great family vibe, great surroundings and will definitely be back in the near future! The owner Robert is very personable and look forward to staying at the Plaza Beach next time with the wife!

When you see the Manatee, spray the hose in the water and they will come to the dock to drink the fresh water! it's a great family experience!

The Rosario family

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank errol r
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I love the pictures of the manatees, thank you for posting them. We are always thrilled when our local’s discover our properties. I am glad to hear that your entire family enjoyed their stay; being that you are only 1-hour away I look forward to hosting everyone more often.

Welcome to our extend family and our resorts, as we say “Traditions Start Here” and I look forward to seeing your family again this summer.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts
“Family Owned and Operated since 1988”

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We just returned from staying at Bay Palms the week of March 24-31st, 2012. Everything looks exactly like the pictures. We checked in at Plaza Beach Resort (their main resort 100 yards away). Check in was curtious, friendly and quick by Ingrid and Catrina. We would also stop in occasionally for information or directions to a local spot. The ladies were always helpful and friendly. As soon as we checked into our room which, by the way, was spotless, and looked as if it had been totally re-done, we went out to the deck that overlooked Boca Ciega Bay. Everyone we met were so friendly and we ended up sharing many conversations over coffee or breakfast in the morning out on the deck. It was some great adult time. Our kids would get up later, have breakfast, then we'd hang out by the pool, and then go across the street to the beach by noon. Guests of Bay Palm and Bay View enter the beach via Plaza Beach resort, which you can use thier amenities as well. (They have free beer and wine from 4-5 every day in thier rec. room) There's a great little hot dog/burgers/beefs hut just behind the pool there that we visited several times for lunch while at the beach. Bay Palms is a small property and I have say we were a little nervous when we first pulled up but was pleasantly surprised when we got into our room and went to the back to view the bay and pool and deck area. Everything is super clean and well kept. We grilled out on the deck one night and ate our dinner out there and it was just awesome! Every morning and every dusk some manatees come up to the pier for drinks of water. There is a water hose off of the pool area and if you put the hose in the water the manatee come up for drinks. Our kids loved that! I only saw one dolphin in the bay while we were there. One of the other guests said they usually don't come around if it's warmer than usual. It was in the mid to high 80's while we were there! We were thrilled to death with the warm weather. I have to mention that we walked our little dog 1/2 block down to the Walgreens as there is grass there and there is also a park nearby. That worked great for us and she needed to walk as well as we put her in the kennel while we were out. It was not an inconvenience at all for us. Also, there is Gigi's Italian restaurant on the corner that we had some really good pizza from and the little Italian deli beside it is to-die-for! We bought fresh baked loaves of bread in morning and pastries and cookies and we also had some really good salami there as well. By about Thursday my husband and I were thinking the same thing....we want to go back. We loved our room....and loved that we could park the van right beside the door. It is a trip we will not long forget and staying at the Bay Palms was the icing on the cake! We highly recommend this little gem to anyone who is curious about it.

Room Tip: We had a front unit facing the street....and we couldn't even hear the traffic. We stayed on the bottom level and liked that as we could park our van very close by.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Donnilyn
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

On behalf of everyone at the Plaza Beach Resorts, I would like to “Thank You” for your wonderful review and GREAT pictures. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to see both the Manatees and Dolphins that frequent are resort.

I am happy you discovered our wonderful resorts and I want to personally welcome you to our extend family. Our Slogan is “Tradition Start Here” and I look forward to seeing you and your family on your next to Florida.

Also, Thank you for your specific mention of Ingrid and Catrina, I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach
“Family Owned and Operated Since 1988”

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We just spent a week here and had the best time! The hotel was well kept, quiet and a very accommodating to everything we needed. Everyone was so nice to us and welcomed our dog, the maids would come by a say good morning every day and there were lots of places for us to walk him, there were parks everywhere. It's in walking distance to everything in St. Pete beach and the restaurants are all great we went out to eat everyday. Our room was perfect for us, it had a nice size refrigerator and microwave, we had the end room with our own private deck and a great view. We would recommend this hotel to others and we will definitely be returning again. Thank you for everything bay palms staff

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the bay, theres so cool things to see!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PinkDiamond2011
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just got back from another heavenly week at the Bay Palms. . . the weather was gorgeous and the hospitality of the staff was at its usual high level. For those of you trying to decide if you want to stay there - the best things I can say are that the property is spotless, the decor is modern and comfortable and the people will go out of their way to help you and make sure you're comfortable. Robert seems to always be around making sure things are OK (we found him one night straightening out the chairs on the deck, not something you'd necessarily expect from one of the "higher ups"), the housekeeping staff are polite and friendly (one of the girls made a point to tell us how much they appreciated us staying there) and the front desk staff could answer any question. Ample chairs on the huge deck if you want to spend some time tanning or fishing; outdoor bar-b-ques for guest use; pet friendly. Recycling is a big thing here, too. Our only (SLIGHT) disappointments on this trip were that we weren't able to book the room we stayed in last year and the quality of the bedding. As much time and money as the owners have put into decorating and modernizing the property, they need to do an upgrade on the bed linens - they seemed a little "thin" after sleeping on them for a few nights. This is really a place you'll want to come back to year after year - I know we do!

Room Tip: Ask for Room 109 (just not when we're there ; ); fantastic view of the bay, spacious and quiet. Room 105 seemed like it would be a good one, too.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yamchris
Reviewed March 4, 2012

What a well kept secret the Bay Palms is. If you want a quiet, restful, clean place to stay, the Bay Palms is perfect. It is on Boca Ciega Bay directly across Gulf Blvd. from the Gulf of Mexico. My room, a one bedroom efficiency, was kept immaculately clean by the house maid Yougita. The people, including the owners, were friendly and courteous. I enjoyed the pets from both the Bay Palms and the Bay View. And what a great location. I could walk to any thing that I needed (Walgreens, Publix, Dollar Tree, etc.). I really liked sitting on the dock in the morning having my coffee and visiting with the customers. I also enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple