“MMMMM.....fresh seafood!”

Crabby Bill’s
Ranked #46 of 149 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Crabby Bill's St Pete Beach has been welcoming customers since 1991. Located directly on St. Pete Beach, we offer beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico from anywhere inside the restaurant and a Tiki bar on our rooftop to watch the gorgeous Florida sunsets. We are a Fresh No Frills Good Eatin' Seafood restaurant.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Everything was very tasty and fresh and the prices were pretty good. The raw oysters were very fresh and good and the seafood was all very fresh and well prepared. We didn't have any dish that was not good. We ate here 3 times on our stay and everything was so tasty!

1  Thank Heidi P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,619)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was in St. Pete's for a conference with a colleague of mine who had two prerequisites for our dinner plans; waterview and seafood. I called the front desk at our resort and she RAVED about Crabby Bill's. We got excited and went. I knew the decor was going to be really hokey but I was there for the fresh seafood.

For starters, we ordered margaritas, his frozen, mine on the rocks. When my colleague asked for the frozen drink the waitress told him not to get that because he was "watering down the booze." He was talking about how much he loved a frozen margarita before we got to the restaurant and then she made him feel weird about ordering it. He did, and he enjoyed it.

We then ordered a dozen oysters on the half shell that came out in about 45 seconds. Not freshly shucked, none of that delicious brine that comes along with freshly shucked oysters. I was actually scared I was going to get seafood poisoning. I didn't, but that's not a great feeling.

We ordered the crawfish appetizer. We both really enjoy crawfish and understand that they are messy to eat. Our waitress told us not to get them because "They were too much work." She was very combative with our ordering.

The reason this review is getting 3 stars instead of 2 is the Bairdi Crab Legs were pretty tasty. They were fresh, big and fun to eat. We shared two back to back orders of these because we liked them so much.

Overall, I probably wouldn't come back. Tonight, we will try for a more fine dining experience even if we have to give up the water view to get it.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

First time back at crabby bills since last year, the atmosphere couldn't be more beach. We went out for a birthday dinner while on vacation an were greeted promptly by a friendly host and even better server. Ordered the kids fried fish and the Clevland Oysters. The kid loved his fish especially the Oreos. The oysters were unique kind of like a clams casino. For our entrees the server suggested the Bairdi crab saying it was worth the money over the snow crab legs. My partner gave it try and it was amazing, the sweetest crab she ever had. I ordered the blackened grouper dinner which was also superb, the only issue I found was the baby carro side dish, they were no very fresh probably been in a warmer all day . We will definitely go back next time we go to St Pete.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had the Crab and Corn Chowder which was yummy and then the fish tacos that were fabulous. My friend had the blackened Mahi Mahi which were also very good but the fish tacos were better. Service was friendly and excellent.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a bad experience this year. We have been going for 13 yrs every time we go to Florida. The prices are higher. The portions are smaller and the shrimp was frozen, you would think in florida it would be fresh, We do love Patrick the bartender though, he is always friendly and remembers us each year.