“Tasty meal with a water view”
Review of Sea Critters Cafe

Sea Critters Cafe
Ranked #29 of 149 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

It was a bit cool, so we switched from outside to inside seating where we still had a nice view of the water. Service was prompt and pleasant and the food was fresh and tasty. The hot bread with mango/chutney butter was sensational to start the feast. We shared a house salad and crab cake dinner and it was enough for both of us and tasted great (except for the baked potato which could have used an extra minute of cooking time and a bit of seasoning). The sauteed green beans made up for the less than stellar potato. Loved the colourful plates - very pretty. We'll be back to try some of the other items on the menu. Also, my wife has a specific food allergy, and the server was very accommodating and careful to ensure that my wife's issues were respected.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,250)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We make sure to eat here every time we're in the area. The seafood is always fresh, the fresh bread is nice especially with their special butter blend. I highly recommend the grilled fresh catch in the key lime butter sauce. The lobster rolls are really good too. My son loves the seafood boil. Their key lime pie is a winner too.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We love this restaurant. The last time we visited it was cold and windy but we were still able to eat outside. They have space heaters and vinyl windows they can close. Many people come by boat as it is located on a canal that leads directly to open water. The food is good. The cocktails are outstanding.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is in Pass-a-Grill and is a great place. From the outside it looks like a dive, but the food is great. The rissoto is wonderful. The grilled fish is fabulous.

You can sit outside and watch the boats or just look at the water. Staff is very attentive and helpful.

A really fun place, but they have GREAT food.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my 3 year old son, I had the catch of the day and he had grilled cheese... My grouper was fresh but was over cooked and over seasoned, his grilled cheese had no butter and I think the fries were from a bag, but the server was sweet as can be, the location on the water was great! So mixed bag!