“Best Crab Cakes”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 67th Avenue
Description: Fetishes Fine Dining is a long established, fine dining destination that has achieved international recognition for its excellent cuisine and award winning wine list during 17 years in the same location. Enjoy an intimate dining experience, with candlelight and white linen, in an 8 table dining room. Fetishes has received accolades from such notable publications as Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines, as well as travel related sites such as Trip Advisor and Zagat. For the past 10 years we have also received Wine Spectator magazines' award of excellence for our extensive wine list, offering multiple vintages of many domestic and imported selections. Fetishes is supported by the upscale hotels on our beach as their first option for off premises fine dining for the discerning clientele that they serve. It is the perfect spot for your special night out. Food allergy friendly (please mention when you make your reservation) Reservations preferred. Casual attire welcomed. Most of our guests will be dressed as "business casual".
Tampa Bay, FL
“Best Crab Cakes”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

...and we have tried many. Our most recent visit was a birthday celebration. Crab cakes are to die for and the Caesar salad prepared table-side was perfection. There is an extensive wine list with many desirable selections. Wait staff were attentive without being intrusive. We are Fetishes fans from our first visit in 1996 at the previous location. Thank you, to Fetishes' owner, Bruce, for his continued commitment to excellence!!

• Visited December 2013
Fetishes, Owner at Fetishes Dining & Wine Bar, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you so much. It is our loyal long time customers such as yourselves that have kept going in this tough market. I very much appreciate you kind words.

Clearwater, Florida
“It was just okay.”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

It was okay. For the price, the quality of the food wasn't worth it. The service was very slow. After our experience, i have no compelling reason to go back.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Nermine R
Tarpon Springs
“Lovely tasty and attentive”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Nice New Orleans / French flair . Very fresh fish, lovely choices.
Table side preparations were a good change from the norm.
Small location, cozy atmosphere.
Very nice staff.
Overall a wonderful meal but expect to spend $300 for a couple to have dinner

• Visited November 2013
Fetishes, Owner at Fetishes Dining & Wine Bar, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and for your kind words. I appreciate it very much. I won't deny that a party of 2 spending $300 would put a smile on my face but for the record our check average for a party of 2 including tax and gratuity is actually $141.52. Now there are many things that can drive up the total check, especially wine since we have bottles from $25 to $1500. But a $300 party of 2 is a bit unusual. We hope to see you again sometime. We ESPECIALY hope to see you again.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Terrible experience, terrible service, awful food”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a disappointment this experience was. The ambiance is old (1970's) and very brightly lit. The service was horrible. Wine was bad and we were given a hard time because we wanted to send it back. Lobster Newberg was awful...chewy lobster. Not at all fresh. My husband ordered New Orlean Shrimp and it was bitter from too much oregano. Side table Caesar Salad was the only good thing. Way over priced and the food was less than average. It was awful.

• Visited November 2013
7 Thank Eileen B
Fetishes, Owner at Fetishes Dining & Wine Bar, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I'm sorry that your visit to Fetishes was such a disaster. Well, I guess sometimes we just don't get anything right. It's not often that we strike out on atmosphere, service and food all at the same time. However, when it comes to your wine selection my memory is clear and vivid. You were told that a $19.00 bottle of 2004 French Merlot that was on special was a crap shoot at best. When you didn't like it, it was replaced and immediately taken off of your check. Never mind the fact that you drank the bottle anyway. Could the rest of your review have been exaggerated as well?? By the way......there is no oregano in our Shrimp New Orleans.
Indian Shores, Florida
“Of all my fetishes...”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

There is something sensuous about food. I mean really good food, luxurious food, and this past Saturday evening I experienced a near orgasmic culinary adventure at Fetishes Dining and Wine Bar, 6305 Gulf Boulevard at St. Pete Beach.

We had the recommended reservation for 7 p.m. and though we were a tad late, we were promptly greeted and seated. In addition to Bruce Caplan, the owner, periodically checking to ensure our happiness, we were expertly served by the ever so charming Jennifer. Jen helped us with our food and wine choices, and was just the perfect hostess.

Our party began the evening with two bottles of wine from the Fetishes cellar, a bottle of white for the ladies and a red for the manly men. The recommended wines perfectly complimented our appetizer and entree choices.

For starters, a plate of hot-from-the-oven bread with creamery butter, a welcome change from the hard-as-a-rock foil wrapped pats we were served at Malio's in Tampa.

I had planned on having a really ducky dinner at Fetishes, so it made perfect sense to order the Duck Liver Paté appetizer with fruit chutney garnish, and sesame flat breads. That paté was superb, light and creamy without a heavy liver taste. Even my bride, who is not a liver lover, enjoyed her taste.

Speaking of the Belle, her appetizer choice was the mouth-watering, tender and delicious Mini Steak Au Poivre, a grilled beef tenderloin, pepper encrusted and served with a peppery Madagascar demi-glace.

Before our entrees arrived we were presented with refreshing raspberry ice palate cleansers. Wouldst that some of the high priced, pretentious fooderies in Tampa take note. This was a welcome touch seldom seen.

I mentioned before that my buds of taste were thinking, "Aquatic fowl." I seemed to have duck on the brain, but when Bruce said the duck was not cooked to my preferred medium rare, I almost changed my mind. Bruce went on to say that this de-boned duck half was cooked more like a braised chicken. Jen said I would not be disappointed. She was right!

While my duck was sinfully good, I think my bride's choice of Roasted New Zealand Lamb Chops might, just might, have been the over-all winner for me. These oven roasted chops, herb encrusted and topped with fresh mint infused Gorgonzola crumbles were sheer delights.

All entrees were served with sides of sugar snap peas, and whipped potatoes in a phyllo cup. We were also treated to a delicious garden salad with star fruit and sunflower seeds with a house made honey Dijon dressing.

For dessert, we enjoyed a Key Lime Parfait, and a Chocolate Chip Cake with orange sauce.

It is rare that I can dine at a restaurant and not find at least one tiny little nit-picking thing to rag on. Fetishes is that unique venue where perfection seems to reign supreme. There were no misses and the prices were reasonable - $180 or so for two with a restaurant added 17% gratuity. We tacked on an additional 3% for excellent service.

I know there are those who will complain about that mandatory 17%, but those are probably the ones who think 10% is the standard, or those who don't tip at all. It is only reasonable and proper to reward superior service.

• Visited October 2013