“This place screams beach time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woody's Waterfront

Woody's Waterfront
Ranked #41 of 145 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Diner, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Woody's Waterfront Cafe and Beach Bar in St. Pete Beach, Florida, offers outstanding food, and breathtaking views of Blind Pass and the Gulf of Mexico. Experience for yourself why Woody's fans return year after year, from around the globe. Great Food!
Tampa ,Florida
“This place screams beach time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The outdoor seating was taken out by the storm but I can only imagine how nice it would have been to eat this great food while taking in the view of "Blind Pass" The indoor seating is limited inside this old shack and locals pack almost all the tables, eat at counters, and the bar. Yet, we scored a table and the waitress flipped us a towel to wipe the table as she cleared the dishes from the people who just got up. Felt like a local that eats there everyday.
Our orders ranged from burgers, fried shrimp, chicken wrap, to fish tacos. Service was not pampered but if you are going to eat where the locals eat be prepared to be treated like one. In fact when my wife inquired if they had sweet or non-sweet tea her response was....."we just have tea honey, what you make it is your business"
The food came out quickly after ordered and was nothing fancy but it was hot and good.
The burger might have been the best flavored I have had in 20 years and my brother agreed. My wife loved the fried shimp basket and sister-n-law said she loved the fish tacos once she took out 1/2 the fish to make them less bulky.
This food was really good and it averaged about $10/per and that is why it is loaded with locals. There were several things on the menu I would love to try but I heard from friends their burgers were great and they did not disappoint.
I can only imagine how nice our lunch would have been sitting outside under an sun umbrella with the gulf water hitting the wall at my feet and taking in the views. All that added to the old locals atmosphere and that great burger....well it would have been a trip highlight.
The menu stated that the place started serving from that old building in 1948 and from the pics of celebs and important people on the wall that have given it a try, the great location, the locals atmosphere, and did I mention the burger.....I think it will be around a while longer.
If you are the stuffy type and too proud to wipe down your own table to give the waitress a hand....This is not the place for you and they all will tell you that soon enough BUT if you want a great little locals place with great atmosphere and a killer view stop in. Oh Yea.... Have the burger!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pasdao

Tampa, Florida
“Our FAVORITE beach dive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have been coming to Woody's for about 9 years. We LOVE the "Margaritaville" like atmosphere - and I'm not talking the Jimmy Buffett chain!
Food here is simple, and served on plastic and paper. It's cash only, so stop by Publix on your way like we do - you don't want to get dinged at the ATM onsite!
While I don't like seafood, all of my family and friends that do rave about it here. I love the drink specials - yum!
This place is for people who are super-casual and looking to have a salty good time by the Gulf of Mexico. The live music is good to sing along to, as well :)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MandyLake
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Very good food and nice casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Recommended bu a friend. Don't get dressed up for this experience. (t-Shirt, swimsuit and flip flops are fine), but ge ready for some good food.

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Fun Atmosphere with OK Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had to fight a bit for a table but finally found a place to sit. Our waitress was good and was fairly quick considering the number of tables she had to wait on. I enjoyed sitting on the waters edge and being able to see our condo's right across the bay. We also saw a dolphin while we were eating :^) always a good thing! The food was very average and was served on Styrofoam plates. Wasn't expecting that! I would go back here to have a few drinks in the evening and maybe an appetizer but would skip it for dinner.

1 Thank psychrnm
Orlando, Florida
“Great Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had fried fish and french fries and it was awesome. The fish was super fresh and flaky. The fries were flavorful and cooked perfectly.