“Unique and delicious local joint.”
Review of PJ's Oyster Bar

PJ's Oyster Bar
Ranked #50 of 149 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: PJ's St. Pete Beach is a family friendly seafood restaurant that serves fresh local seafood. Along with seafood we have the best ribs this side of St. Louis, awesome burgers, salads and chicken entrees. PJ's has a full bar with over 60 bottle beers and 8 beers on tap. We can accommodate large parties and have a private room available for meetings, rehearsal dinners and social gatherings. Please call for details.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We really like the atmosphere and food selection at PJ's. We tried both the shrimp scampi pasta and steak with grilled shrimp. Both were very good. Their hushpuppies are incredible, don't miss out on trying them.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Pj's used to be on our list of places we must eat at. However, our recent visit will be our last. We went for an early supper and it appeared we were interrupting all the servers' time to eat. We were the only people in the restaurant and it took the host 3 minutes to acknowledge we were standing in the restaurant. As far as service after receiving our meal, it was non existent. The waitress was more concerned with eating her own meal than serving us.
The food was less than expected and overly priced. This website has the prices as $5-$7....not sure where this info came from as 3 of us, including a 9 year old, ate for approximately $50, and we had no adult beverages or appetizers.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Started with oysters on the half shell - Good and large. My wife had a steak and broiled shrimp. She said the steak was really good as were the shrimp, I tried one myself. I had blackened grouper, fried clam strips, and grilled shrimp. Everything was cooked well and very good. We shared a slice a key lime pie and it was also really good. The draft beers are served in 10 oz mugs, a little small for me. The service was friendly and quick. I would eat here again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Food was great. Blackened sashimi tuna was spectacular. Seafood platter make your own had great options. Good service even though waiter new. Neat atmosphere.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

After a day at the beach while on vacation my family enjoys the atmosphere and food at PJ's. The restaurant is roomy and relaxed. It's casual, clean and reminiscent of a fish house. On the most recent visit, I went to PJs with a group of 6 people for dinner on 3 separate occasions. Each time I started with a dozen of oysters on the half shell served in a bed of ice on tray for $8.99. Very good. Next, I had the tuna sashimi dinner with rice and broccoli. Nice presentation, properly seared and adequate portioned. Next night, I had the ocean scallops with a baked potato and cole slaw. The scallops were plentiful, tender and moist. The last evening I had the blackened grouper and broiled scallops combination. The fish was well seasoned and blackened to perfection and the scallops were moist and tender. In nearly 20 years of visiting St Pete Beach, I always make it point to return to PJs for dinner because they consistently serve a good product.

1  Thank JTGraziano