“Great experience - lived up to our expectation”

Jackie's on Corey Bistro & Catering
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant bistro dining in a casual atmosphere on historic Corey Ave in beautiful St Pete Beach, FL. All meals prepared to order and made with the freshest ingredients.On and off premise catering for any occasion.LIVE music in our new, expanded Bistro space every night from 6:30pm until 9:30pm.Sunday 10 - 2 during our Jazz brunch. Check out our Facebook page for what talent is playing.The menu features many Gluten free items.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Have been visiting St. Pete's Beach for many years as my parents have a condo there. Over the years my husband and I, with or without our kids, have visited most of the restaurants and bars up & down Gulf Blvd. and beyond. We have also seen many restaurants come & go.

On my most recent two week visit with my sister and mother, we ate out quite a bit and so were looking for some place we hadn't tried before. We had always loved Corey Avenue's "old Florida ambience" with its shops and theatre (now sadly missed), but had never dined there. Having heard quite a buzz about Jackie's from friends, we made reservations one Saturday night and were not disappointed. The main dining room has low key, retro Florida decor, and is not very big, which makes it a vibrant and lively dining experience, complimented by a terrific band and lady singer at the far end of the room. In some restaurants or bars the entertainment can overpower the rest of the room and make it difficult to talk, but not so at Jackie's. It simply added to the overall fun atmosphere. I suspect this would be even more so the case on nights when diners are able to sit out on the patio however it was too chilly the night we were there. They have a great variety on the menu and between the three of us sampled many dishes and some nice glasses of wine. Our male waiter was very friendly and accommodating despite being busy. We were very pleased to find this great "new to us" place to dine which has also helped revitalize Corey Avenue. We definitely will plan to return there on our next trip. I would recommend to anyone to plan ahead and make reservations before you go as it is a busy spot.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended by some local artists on our recent art tour of the Bayfront St Pete area. We found the menu to offer a wide variety of seafood, meat, poultry, and vegetarian options. In addition the beet stack appetizer was awesome. While I probably won't run back here, if you are in the local area it is worth a try.

1  Thank ckckckckckck
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

A large group from our softball club met in the side dining room at two tables and had the whole room to ourselves! Surprisingly there was only ONE server and she was prompt, friendly and did a great job! The food was spectacular and it couldn't have been any better! She didn't tack on the ordinary % for a tip for our large party which is always a plus. We will be back to Jackie's. Thank you!!

1  Thank Kipkay
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place is a great find. Delicious perfectly prepared Sea bass. Melt in your mouth. Our large group was served without a problem with prior reservations. Nice wine list. Try the Cryptic red. Went back again for brunch on Sunday. Great vibe sitting outside and listening to the singer at the Sunday morning Market on Corey Ave. I am a local who has seen beach restaurants ebb and flow. This one is here to stay. Don't tell anyone because I don't want to wait to get a table. Lol!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

If I could give it a 3.5 I would. The menu is interesting...a high quality blend of appetizers and entrees....and the wine list also has a number of solid selections. The server taking care of us was a really, really nice guy...knew his stuff...but was a bit 'distracted' that night. Maybe just an off night? Completely forgot one soup and left something on the burger entree that our guest had asked be removed. He kindly had the burger removed from the bill. Good thing, as the french onion soups were not very good at all (according to our guests). He stopped by the table often and filled the wine glasses, which is always a nice touch when dining out.

I had a tuna sashimi app, which was fresh, quality raw tuna. No problem there. However, the fish I ordered (grouper or mahi-mahi--can't recall) was very thin...too thin...and breaded in such a way that the breading overwhelmed the taste of the fish. It was a little too oily as well.

Nice live piano player/singer that night. I usually don't like live music while dining...but the sound level was perfect and the music selection was very appropriate for a fin-er dining experience. Fairly nice ambiance...although I would recommend to the owner that it should be a bit darker in there...and add some candlelight. The restaurant is in the middle of the Corey Ave strip and it feels a little like a breakfast place in there at night.

Wine selection by the server was very good. I feel this place is close to being really good...they just need to tighten up a few things. Might try it again in a month or two and see how the experience is a second time.

1  Thank JasonandJaimeB
JackieSmit, Owner at Jackie's on Corey Bistro & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you so much for your review.