“Great seafood”

Ranked #10 of 149 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A big city bistro feel on a coastal barrio island with In-house cut steaks and fresh local Seafood, Snappers has long been known as a gem along the coast.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The lobster, shrimp, scallop platter was wonderful. The waitress was very nice and efficient. Can't wait to go back. The only complaint was a limited parking lot and no street parking close by.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,613)

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Chose this based on leaflet in our room at Pass-a-Grille and the reviews looked good, we were not disappointed. We arrived and were promptly seated our server Jim! who I can highly recommend, was knowledgable and attentive. The oysters were some of the plumpest we've had. Enjoyed one of the artisan beers. My partner had the risotto Oceana, which looked delicious, I was intrigued by the coconut and cashew crusted Mahi which surprisingly worked, although the mango chutney was a bit sweet for my taste and the dauphinoise potatoes served is puff pastry, was a bit of a carb overload, although tasty. We finished off by trying the key lime pie which we were assured was made with genuine key limes this was delicious served with a dark chocolate cookie crumb instead of the usual graham cracker this set the tart flavour of the limes off really well. Would definitely go back when in the area the meal including drinks and tip came to just over $100

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I went there for dinner and really enjoyed it. The wait staff was very friendly. The timing for when the courses came to the table was ideal and the food was amazing. The wasabi crusted tune and the crab cakes were great. Highly recommend this eatery.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Food was great - we enjoyed dining outside. Best meal we had on St. Pete. Kevin (our server) was fantastic! He recommended the House Dressing and we loved it :)

1  Thank MickieleaA
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I dinned here on Tuesday with my boyfriend. While we were waiting for our table we got 2 glasses of wine, 1 pinot grigio danzante and 1 chardonnay Hess: we paid 18 dollars for the first round and 16 dollars for the second one!!! The food was very nice, we got 2 appetizers and 2 entrees, a couple more glasses of wine and a creme brulè. At the end when the waitress brought the bill we realized the real price of the wine: 5 dollars for the pinot grigio and 9 dollars for the chardonnay!!!!!!14 dollars for both, not 18 or 16!!!! Anyway, the bill was 95 dollars (without gratuity), I gave her 2 debit cards and when she came back we didn't check the recipe (huge mistake!!!!!). We trusted her and we tipped 20 dollars cash!!!! The day after (yesterday) I was checking my card balance online when I realized that the Snapper charged me $ 16 on the first card and $ 98 on the second one!!!!! The bill was 95 dollars not 114!!!!! In the afternoon I called them and I gave to the girl who answered my name, my phone number and the last 4 numbers of my cards. She told me: the manager will call you back. I'm still waiting. I'll never came back.

mightycaseys, Manager at Snappers Sea Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Hello, we are glad you enjoyed your food and are having the front of house manager look into the pricing issues. Also if you Checked your credit card info THE VERY NEXT DAY, you will notice that the credit card company puts a hold on funds to leave room for gratuity to be added later. If no gratuity is added then the extra authorization automatically disappears , this is something all credit card companies do and NOT a policy of ours. I still don't understand the use of two debit cards, if you and your husband were splitting the dinner check why was it closed out to one card? The server could have screwed up, so we are looking into it.
Again sorry for the mix up.