“Snapper's Sea Grill St. Pete FL”
Review of Snappers Sea Grill

Snappers Sea Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A big city bistro feel on a coastal barrio island with In-house cut steaks and fresh local Seafood, Snappers has long been known as a gem along the coast.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Snapper's Sea Grill St. Pete FL”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The BEST fish in St. Pete! I had the coconut encrusted Mahi Mahi with Mango sauce and it was delicious. It was served with grilled banana and their signature cheesy baked potato. The hummus with toasted flat bread was a great starter and the Creme Brule dessert was outstanding. I believe The Chophouse and Mad Fish Grille are all owned by the same person and the food is really good at all three. They are all on Gulf Blvd and near to each other. Don't miss this place.

Shefford, United Kingdom
“It's still good...”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We really like this restaurant and always give it a visit when at St Pete's (last time was 2009). The food is good and the service excellent; our server Helen was lovely and great fun while still being 'professional'. It is more expensive than other local eateries but this isn't a seafood shack... They only have a beer & wine licence and we did find the drinks expensive too (I think it was$28 for a bottle of 'house' wine) but the food was very good. We sat outside as the air con inside was set to freezing - but we weren't complaining about being able to sit outside in November anyway.
Our holiday finished before we were able to try their new restaurant up the road, the Chop Shop, but it should do well as St Pete's beach seems to have a lack of steakhouses.

Eustis, Florida
“Great Seafood!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by Deborah at Guy Harvey's Outpost and it was not disappointing! The staff is friendly and attentive and the food is excellent! This is a must on your next visit!

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Major flaw with staff!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have eaten here before when we were on vacation back in 2011 and enjoyed the restaurant so we went last night (11.21.2013) for a meal, as we are on vacation again in St Pete's.

The food was nice but the server was terrible. We paid our bill and included a tip, then walked out of the restaurant. We had only walked about 50 yards when the waiter came running up the sidewalk shouting that we had short changed our bill and not tipped him!

Well, I had my copy of the receipt from our bill and after he calmed down showed him that in fact we had paid and tipped him. He apologised and went back to the restaurant.

My wife and I are disgusted in this type of behaviour from a waiter at such an establishment.

We shall never eat there again.

4 Thank drawn4u
Fl & CO
“What happened to the quality?”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We live in St. Pete Beach and tend to eat out frequently. We had not been to Snappers for about 1 1/2 years. It is always very crowded and does not take reservations which is especially unpleasant during tourist season. We also spend summers at our house elsewhere. I remember the food as being pretty good as well as the service. Our recent experience was not at all what we remembered. The worst part of my meal was the vegetables which were obviously frozen (maybe several times) and were so bad as to be inedible. I am a fish eating vegetarian, so I do know veggies. I ordered the Island Grouper which was overcooked to dryness with a rather bland, tasteless sauce. I asked my husband about his fish which he described as "pretty mediocre". What was not mediocre was the price. We only had one drink each and no dessert and the price was quite high.

Our server was competent, but rather disinterested. We ate outside as I have always felt the inside was quite cold. It's cute although not quiet as Gulf Blvd. is a big noisy, busy road. I know that the owner just opened a new restaurant down the road, so maybe the attention is focused there. We have no problem with paying for high quality restaurant experiences and frequently have. There seem to be plenty of people willing to wait in line to pay high prices for a very unimpressive experience here. We will not be among them. .

3 Thank FEA1
mightycaseys, Owner at Snappers Sea Grill, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Did you discuss your issues with your dinner with your server as our policy is to make every table happy before they leave .At Snappers, we pride ourselves in providing a complete meal without any Ala' Carte pricing, every table is served a hummus and flatbread with their salad course. Most dishes get our potato in puff pastry and our sautéed vegetable. This vegetable is prepped every afternoon by mandolin: 2 cases of fresh zuchinni, 2 cases of fresh yellow squash, 1 case of fresh Snow peas and a bag of frozen sliced yellow and purple carrot. This mix is sautéed 8 orders at a time and moved to the expediter for plating. Declaring that our veg is just a frozen product is incorrect. Please stop by again and ask for Dan so I can buy you a dinner.