“Great Seafood!”

Ranked #10 of 149 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A big city bistro feel on a coastal barrio island with In-house cut steaks and fresh local Seafood, Snappers has long been known as a gem along the coast.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by Deborah at Guy Harvey's Outpost and it was not disappointing! The staff is friendly and attentive and the food is excellent! This is a must on your next visit!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have eaten here before when we were on vacation back in 2011 and enjoyed the restaurant so we went last night (11.21.2013) for a meal, as we are on vacation again in St Pete's.

The food was nice but the server was terrible. We paid our bill and included a tip, then walked out of the restaurant. We had only walked about 50 yards when the waiter came running up the sidewalk shouting that we had short changed our bill and not tipped him!

Well, I had my copy of the receipt from our bill and after he calmed down showed him that in fact we had paid and tipped him. He apologised and went back to the restaurant.

My wife and I are disgusted in this type of behaviour from a waiter at such an establishment.

We shall never eat there again.

4  Thank drawn4u
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We live in St. Pete Beach and tend to eat out frequently. We had not been to Snappers for about 1 1/2 years. It is always very crowded and does not take reservations which is especially unpleasant during tourist season. We also spend summers at our house elsewhere. I remember the food as being pretty good as well as the service. Our recent experience was not at all what we remembered. The worst part of my meal was the vegetables which were obviously frozen (maybe several times) and were so bad as to be inedible. I am a fish eating vegetarian, so I do know veggies. I ordered the Island Grouper which was overcooked to dryness with a rather bland, tasteless sauce. I asked my husband about his fish which he described as "pretty mediocre". What was not mediocre was the price. We only had one drink each and no dessert and the price was quite high.

Our server was competent, but rather disinterested. We ate outside as I have always felt the inside was quite cold. It's cute although not quiet as Gulf Blvd. is a big noisy, busy road. I know that the owner just opened a new restaurant down the road, so maybe the attention is focused there. We have no problem with paying for high quality restaurant experiences and frequently have. There seem to be plenty of people willing to wait in line to pay high prices for a very unimpressive experience here. We will not be among them. .

3  Thank FEA1
mightycaseys, Owner at Snappers Sea Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Did you discuss your issues with your dinner with your server as our policy is to make every table happy before they leave .At Snappers, we pride ourselves in providing a complete meal without any Ala' Carte pricing, every table is served a hummus and flatbread with their salad course. Most dishes get our potato in puff pastry and our sautéed vegetable. This vegetable is prepped every afternoon by mandolin: 2 cases of fresh zuchinni, 2 cases of fresh yellow squash, 1 case of fresh Snow peas and a bag of frozen sliced yellow and purple carrot. This mix is sautéed 8 orders at a time and moved to the expediter for plating. Declaring that our veg is just a frozen product is incorrect. Please stop by again and ask for Dan so I can buy you a dinner.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Snappers at the suggestion of our hotel. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary, and wish we had never gone to Snappers. The service was good, but the food was horrible. We both ordered shrimp; which had way too much batter and tasted like it came out of the freezer ... not fresh. When we first entered the restaurant, we noticed an unpleasant odor and should have left at that time. The food was not fresh!! We will never go to that restaurant again!!!!

3  Thank Pat G
mightycaseys, Owner at Snappers Sea Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

So sorry that you didnt enjoy your meal but some of the comments make me wonder if you made it hear ? We do not use a BATTER on any of our fried food, we use a 3 part breading of flour , egg wash and a very light breading that we are known for. There are restaurants around us with very similar names like Skidders next door but they have some pretty good food also. As for shrimp being frozen, All shrimp ( 99 %)served in restaurants is a frozen product and we use the most expensive product on the market today, Blue waters from the caribbean . I wish we could have gotten you a peice of fresh grouper or wahoo. Again i wish your evening was a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We strolled down after making reservations to Snappers. Ate outside since the weather was still nice for November. The food was excellent, with lovely presentation. The waitress was very friendly without being overbearing. Would have probably gone again if we would have had the time.