“The best food in St Pete. Period.”
Review of Snappers Sea Grill

Snappers Sea Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A big city bistro feel on a coastal barrio island with In-house cut steaks and fresh local Seafood, Snappers has long been known as a gem along the coast.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The best food in St Pete. Period.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

On arriving in St Pete for a four day break, we went back twice. Moving on to Orlando, we took another trip out to the Gulf Coast for Clearwater Beach and we made sure we went to Snapper on the way back. Three visits in 2 weeks. Yea, we love this place.

Over the three vists we ordered the Blue Tuna, which is Tuna in a cracked black pepper, char grilled and server with a Blueberry Teriyaki sauce. Simpy one of THE dishes that should be on your bucket list.
The Blue Crab Stuffed Portabello is a baked portobello topped with crab, cheese and backed with a chipotle sauce. Fiery, spicy, hot and tasty. Brilliant.

Entrees were the Wasabi encrusted Tuna, which brought back memories of previous visits, it was as good as I remembered. However, to say it was eclipsed by the Stuffed Gulf Grouper would be like saying St Pete Beach is warm in the summer, a huge understatement. A shrimp, scallop and crabmeat stuffing over the local Grouper catch with a simply amazing Champagne cream sauce. The potato puff pastry is a nice side additon. But this meal is one of the best I have EVER had in my life, and I'm a big eater!
I cannot wait for the next time I'm lucky enough to go to Snappers.

• Visited June 2013

philly
“Comfortable fine dining”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very casual, but elegant dining. Lobster Fra Diavlo was the best I ever had. Coconut Shrimp was great. Wine and Beer only. A must go.

Jackson Township, Ohio, United States
“Deserving of #1 rating”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I had no reservation, but were seated after a short wait. I ordered the grouper stuffed with scallops, shrimp and crab. She ordered the pork chops with a delicious sauce on them. Both were prepared perfectly and were absolutely delicious. The no-bake chocolate cake was to die for! The wait staff was always available and we never had to wait for anything. If you are ever in the area, Snappers is a must!

London, United Kingdom
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter and I really enjoyed this restaurant - nothing not to like, including the automatic refilling of our soft drinks. We ordered a starter to share but came to regret it - the main dish was amazing - and so generously portioned! We both ordered the tuna but before it arrived we were presented with an excellent garden salad with flatbreads and hummus, then the tuna arrived, accompanied by an array of veg and a potato pie I'd never eaten before - and the whole thing was delicious. Worthy of its high rating.

paradise, fl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blue Tuna and Neptune's Platter!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a smaller establishment, so be prepared for a bit of a wait if you're a larger group (or be willing to split up into a couple tables) Every time I've been here I've had a fantastic meal. The blueberry-teriyaki tuna appetizer is wonderful, with the cucumber back and side of wasabi. I can't explain how incredible the scallops were in the "favorite" Neptune special, they were wrapped in shrimp and seared to perfection, served with a Carribean lobster that was divine. Staff is professional, courteous, and somewhat entertaining...they seem to know what level of interaction each table needs. Beer and wine selection are nice (no liquor, worth not having your martini at dinner!) and the servers are very good at suggesting a great glass of wine for you. If you enjoy a spectacular dining experience,open yourself up to it and interact with your server. If you want mediocre food at the same price, go to one of the larger places on the beach and be disappionted

• Visited May 2013