“Really Amazing Food, Location, Service, Experience”

The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 148 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Immerse yourself in the most delectable dining experience Tampa Bay has to offer at The Maritana Grille. At this signature restaurant of the beautiful Loews Don CeSar resort, you’re surrounded by 1,500 gallons of salt water aquariums filled with colorful, native Florida fish. You’ll dine on the freshest local seafood prepared with pure, organic ingredients in a New American style. With an extensive wine list and world-class service, it’s no wonder The Maritana Grille was voted one of the Top 10 seafood restaurants in the United States by the Gayot Guide, and has received AAA’s 4-Diamond Rating for the past 15 years. The vibe is casual, no jackets required. The atmosphere is festive yet intimate and the food is incomparably delicious. The Maritana Grille turns every meal into a magical dining experience.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We can for my husbands birthday. I made reservations on Open Table and let them know why we were coming. From the moment we arrived the service was as awesome as the reviews state. Napkins were replaced if you got up to use the powder room. Servers took the time to explain the menu without being pretentious.

Here's what we had

Appetizers
Ahi Tuna - Large portion but nothing to get overly excited about
Grilled Foie Gras - AMAZING (and I'm grossed out by foie gras)

Dinner
Sea Bass with corn fondu w/ pancetta - Incredible
Black Grouper with chorizo - Delicious

Dessert
Some chocolatey rich deliciousness with a shortbread situation. Looks small but is SO decadent you should split this.

Since it was my husbands birthday, they added a candle to the dessert in some whipped cream with a white chocolate "happy birthday" sign. Classy AND yummy.

Call ahead and see if you can get a table next to the fish tanks.

1  Thank nyctravelingirl

Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the moment you enter the Maritana Grille in the lobby of the Don Cesar, you know you are in for a glamourous evening. Start with a drink at the bar (ginger ale for me, please). The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, making sure you know everything you need to know about the menu. This is Florida so fish is a priority and a speciality, right? My wife is big on grouper. Have you ever tried cobia, the waiter asked. Sounds good. I wasn't disappointed. I tried catfish and crawfish for the first time in Louisiana last year. So why not cobia? But the menu also included steaks and pasta and plenty of tasty items sure to please your palate. The room is unique with fish swimming in big glass aquariums. The Don used to have its signature restaurant, the King Charles, on the top floor. But the Maritana is more accessible in the lobby. It is less snooty but retains the grace and charm and elegance that you would expect of a five-star operation. It is a shame that more tourists don't take advantage.

1  Thank Taylor B
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thanks for the Five-Star Review!

I'm delighted you ventured out and tried the Cobia in Maritana Grille! Great choice and I'm happy that you were not disappointed.

I'm glad you also appreciated the grace and charm of our signature restaurant. We're very proud of what Chef's Kenny & Gavin have created and the passion that Radhika, our Maritana Manager, and her team put into their work every day.

We hope to welcome you back next time you're in the Tampa Bay area.

Jeff Abbaticchio

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were told the chef had changed since last year-not quite the same menu selection. My dinner partner had a super meal (gave me a taste)-mine-so/so. Had the Snapper it was a little bland and not quite up to the cost we paid. Dessert was not what I expected. Our last meal was out of this world. Everything seems to have changed-even the bar at the beachside-no longer had the same quality of craft brews-a little disappointed this time.

1  Thank 865rambler
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Its great to see a such a great culinary experience. Exceptional service and wine knowledge, don't miss Jeff at the bar, a real pro.

LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed such a wonderful experience with us in Maritana Grille! I'll be sure to let Jeff know how much you appreciated his wine knowledge and exceptional service.

Jeff Abbaticchio

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Food was fantastic world class really
They take pride in what they serve and how they plate with fantastic ingredients
Id not come here to save money as this aint no westen sizzler buffet
Dont miss it if you can afford it our experience was perfect for what we were looking to for

Thank you for sharing your comments! I'm glad you found your experience in Maritana Grille "world class."

We hope to welcome you back next time you're in the Tampa Bay area.

Jeff Abbaticcio