“Pleasantly Surprised.”

The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 148 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Immerse yourself in the most delectable dining experience Tampa Bay has to offer at The Maritana Grille. At this signature restaurant of the beautiful Loews Don CeSar resort, you’re surrounded by 1,500 gallons of salt water aquariums filled with colorful, native Florida fish. You’ll dine on the freshest local seafood prepared with pure, organic ingredients in a New American style. With an extensive wine list and world-class service, it’s no wonder The Maritana Grille was voted one of the Top 10 seafood restaurants in the United States by the Gayot Guide, and has received AAA’s 4-Diamond Rating for the past 15 years. The vibe is casual, no jackets required. The atmosphere is festive yet intimate and the food is incomparably delicious. The Maritana Grille turns every meal into a magical dining experience.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Yes, the reviews were good, but sometimes, hotel restaurants leave a bit to be desired. This one was fantastic. My mom and I dined there recently, and the appetizers, drinks, main course and desert was fantastic. We started with the cheese tray. This is a pretty standard appetizer; however, the version that I was served at the Maritana was anything but boring and standard. We both enjoyed a bourbon drink called "Fashion Week." This was one of the best drinks that I have had (and in the past 6 weeks I have been to 5 star restaurants in NYC and Chicago). For dinner, I enjoyed the Lobster Pappardelle. There portion was a nice size, not too large, but not tiny either. The serving also had large sized pieces of lobster, which was a nice surprise. For dinner, we split the "flower" dessert. The presentation is not to be missed, and it was tasty, but it does not rank as my favorite dessert ever. Overall, this restaurant is a must if in St. Pete Beach.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I never have had dinner at a such a place the scenery is fish it is beautiful the food was to die for I had a coconut soup delish and the crab cakes melted in my mouth the drink starlet was perfect so great I would come back a hundred times service was fabulous Janet the waitress was a gem to the restaurant I loved it

LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

By OMG, you did mean Oh, Maritana Grille, right? HA!

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful experience with us! Chef Gavin and his incredible team at Maritana Grille strive to provide guests with, as you said, "food to die for!" Glad to hear that your meal lived up to those expectations.

We'll be sure to have some crab cakes waiting for you the next time you visit, which we hope is soon.

Thanks for sharing about your experience.

Best,

Jeff Abbaticchio
Loews Don CeSar Hotel

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The ambience is nothing over the top, the staff are a little casual in apearance. But once you get to the menu, the offerings are mouth watering. Even the selection of warm breads are a good beginning. Served with 2 pads of butter. One sprinkled with chives, the other is dusted with a little cumin powder. Unique and tasty. Started with a couple of salads. My wife had a beet salad with little heirloom tomatoes and Arugula, and I had green & Red romaine served with a crisp of assiago cheese. Very cold and very fresh. loved it. For the entres, we had a filet of snapper and the bone in veal chop. the fish was fresh with skin on, cooked crisp with juicy, flaky white fish cooked to perfection. The veal chop was cooked to a perfect mid rare served with wild mushrooms and julienne of apples. Wondeful and rich. For desert we split a chocolate trio of small creations that ended a wonderful meal. But above the quality of the food, i have to commend the wonderful staff that worked like a well oiled machine. it seemed as though the entire staff was assigned to serve us. At least 3 different people attended to us during our meal. There was a larger party near us that was treated with the same attention and they had a great time. Was it expensive? You bet. But The Maritana grille deliveres on every level. Front and back of the house. this is what makes the difference between a nice meal and a fine dining experience.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our in-laws took us here to celebrate our engagement. Very nice staff. The signature drinks were wonderful. I had the cobia dish...so delicious! He had the black grouper, very good too. The bread and butter plate was so good, we asked for two. Dessert, we had the chocolate3 & the brownie...enough for 4 people to sample and be satisfied. What a wonderful decor, wish I could eat there weekly! Thanks staff fo making us feel special!

1  Thank MustLoveCats03
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

First of all...congratulations on your engagement!

We're excited for you and delighted that you all had the opportunity to celebrate the special occasion here at Maritana Grille!

Making each guest feel special is very important to us! I'm glad you left feeling that way. If you want to dine with us on a weekly basis, you're always welcome!

Congrats again!

Jeff Abbaticchio
Loews Don CeSar Hotel

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. The servers are very informative and efficient. Everything we have ever had has been fresh, interesting and delicious.