“Excellent All Around”

The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Immerse yourself in the most delectable dining experience Tampa Bay has to offer at The Maritana Grille. At this signature restaurant of the beautiful Loews Don CeSar resort, you’re surrounded by 1,500 gallons of salt water aquariums filled with colorful, native Florida fish. You’ll dine on the freshest local seafood prepared with pure, organic ingredients in a New American style. With an extensive wine list and world-class service, it’s no wonder The Maritana Grille was voted one of the Top 10 seafood restaurants in the United States by the Gayot Guide, and has received AAA’s 4-Diamond Rating for the past 15 years. The vibe is casual, no jackets required. The atmosphere is festive yet intimate and the food is incomparably delicious. The Maritana Grille turns every meal into a magical dining experience.
Largo, Florida
“Excellent All Around”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Superb ambiance with 1st class service and presentation. Very accommodating and good value for all in the quality restaurant arena

• Visited October 2013
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Excellent all around! What a delight to hear those words, especially when they are used to describe the experience you had here at Maritana Grille!

We're happy you appreciated the superb ambiance, and more importantly our first class service! We have a great group of professionals on our team who take pride in making sure everyone who visits leaves with nothing but great memories!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Best,

Loews Don CeSar Hotel | Maritana Grille

Bagdad, KY
“Steer clear of this fusion cuisine turkey.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Don with friends over Labor Day, and splurged on dinner at the restaurant a couple of nights before we left. "Special evening" is a phrase you might use for this experience, but only if you were a compulsive masochist. Because we were celebrating the other couple's anniversary, my husband and I tried to order a rose champagne. Thirty minutes of searching, while we sat at the table and waited, finally revealed it was nowhere to be found. Did the wine steward, manager, or server offer an alternative? Nope. We had to flag down the server to insist on ordering drinks. Turns out that was the high point of the evening. The food was expensive, the fish unbelievably strong, and a lobster pasta was unappealing and bland. We waited so long for dinner and even longer for the server to come back, we didn't even bother with coffee or dessert.

Save your high end restaurant dollars for when you get home, or better yet, have a great burger at the pool with much better service and a fraction of the price.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank cindy_weinmann
Oxford, Mississippi
“Exceptional Dinner”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I made reservations for the Thursday night on our honeymoon and were excited to try the interesting menu. When we got there, there was a wedding party that was doing all their pictures right when we sat down. We then spoke to the Maitre 'D and he apologized that he didn't know that there would be so much commotion. He moved our reservations to the night before we would be leaving for home, and that was the best thing possible. We had an amazing dinner and it really capped off our honeymoon stay. Make sure to try the Strawberry-Key Lime Reveal and ask to sit at the booth were you can look through the fish tank and see the sunset.

Visited August 2013
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
So glad we were able to make your honeymoon dinner a memorable one, and with good memories, not ones of commotion and craziness!

I'm also excited to hear you mention the Reveal dessert, it's one of my favorites! It is so amazing - I wish I could be as creative as our pastry chef....but that's OK, I have no issues eating all her good creations!

I hope we can welcome you back soon! We'll be sure to say hello to Cesar (the eel) for you!

Best,

Loews Don CeSar Hotel
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Curious”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have stayed and dined at The Don many times. It has always been wonderful. We will be there soon and I noticed that the dessert menu does not include the souffle. Ahhhh such a disappointment. It was one of the best desserts I have had in my international travels. Umm wonder why it is no longer on the menu.

Visited November 2012
LoewsDonCeSar_1928, Manager at The Maritana Grille at The Don CeSar, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I am so sorry to here that you were disappointed about us not having the souffle on the dessert menu.

Honestly, we have so many incredible dessert items on the menu that cannot be found anywhere else, we were not seeing a big demand for the souffle - that's why it's gone. However, we spoke to the chef and he assures us that if you want a souffle on your next visit, just give us a few days notice, and we'll make it happen!

Hope to see you back soon!

Best regards,

Loews Don CeSar Hotel
Clermont, Florida
“Wonderful staff, menu and variety....”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

For a Special night out or dinner while staying at the Don Cesar I'd highly recommend dining at The Maritana Grill.....The Venison was the best I have ever had and my wife's Black Grouper was cooked to perfection......

Visited October 2013