The Wharf
Ranked #41 of 149 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Waterfront Restaurant & Bar, Local Hangout, Open Air Bar, A/C dining room, Casual Attire, Daily Specials, AM & PM Happy Hours,Family Friendly, Friendly staff. Kid's Menu, There is not a lot of Old Florida left. You can get to us by boat, car or trolley. We offer a variety of items on our menu that can be fried, blackened or grilled. We have a variety of seafood, chicken, steak, ribs and the best burgers on the beach.Our menu can be found online. We have 13 flatscreens to watch your favorite sports. NFL/College/Big Ten/ SEC/ MLB. We have bucket and pitcher specials during all football games.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We came to this restaurant by boat with my family. I ordered the blackened grouper with a Cesar salad and it was the BEST!!! The restaurant is a little hole in the wall, but amazing food. My niece and nephews really enjoyed their meals too. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Great place to sit on the porch and have a few drinks looking at the ocean. Inside - has a bar feel. Food is just ok- stick with the cocktails! Servers were very nice!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

It was raining but we were still able to sit outside. I had a plate of huge wings - just hot enough. My husband had the ham and swisss - it was enormous. Enjoyed our lunch very much. We'll be back. Good service.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is a great local place. Yes, it looks dodgy from the outside and has a matching interior. But it’s colorful and it’s safe. Been there off and on for years. Most recently we went there when the kids were little because they liked to sit outside in case some porpoises swam by.

However, on our last trip, the food really feel short of the mark. I had the combo platter of fried oysters and shrimp. The oysters weren’t fresh; most likely from a can or jar. Had a “fishy” taste rather than a fresh oyster taste. A bit worried to eat them, but since they all had the same slightly unpleasant taste, took a chance on the stuff it was packed in. Would never have oysters there again. The shrimp were very nice. But then it’s hard to mess up a fried shrimp… unless I am cooking it.

My friend had the “fresh” grouper. I’m not sure it was even grouper. Very thin fillet of fish that did not resemble grouper. Didn’t flake like a grouper - more like tilapia. And not a fresh taste. Most likely some frozen item.

The sides were good: Cole slaw and black beans and rice. Also staff were lots of fun - as they always.

I’d go back for drinks after a hard day on the water, but I couldn’t go there for the food.

1  Thank Mr G
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had lunch at The Wharf in St. Petersburg, Florida. We are always interested in trying local cuisine and had heard that this was a ‘must try’ while we were here. From the outside it looks like a rundown abandoned shack and to be honest it’s only marginally better when you go inside. I totally understand that this is not a fine dining type of restaurant and really do appreciate the worn seaside rustic look but we were turned off by the workers smoking at the front of the building, the greasy fingerprints and smudges at our booth and windows as well as the dust in the wall air-conditioner (I was afraid to use the washroom). Atmosphere and cleanliness aside, we found the staff to be friendly and for $30 enjoyed the soft-shell crab sandwich (although it came on a store bought hamburger bun) and the grilled blackened grouper fish tacos with calamari as an appetizer. While at the end of the day we did enjoy the food, I’m not sure I would say this is a ‘must try’ experience when there are so many restaurants to try in St. Petersburg where owners show pride in all aspects of the restaurant experience.

1  Thank TripJefe