“Breakfast”

The Hurricane Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 148 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My favorite breakfast restaurant in Pass-a-Grille was closed so I headed on down to the Hurricane. I have been there for lunches and they are are grossly overpriced. Breakfast is an entirely definite matter. They have a great and cheap breakfast. Small but nevertheless reasonably comprehensive menu. Service is interesting. Coffee came immediately. Breakfast was a good bit later. But when it came it was superb. So, if you want a quick breakfast, do not come here. But, if you want a great breakfast (the best potatoes I have ever had) and can enjoy the outdoor setting on the seashore with your cup of coffee (refilled constantly) even though your breakfast is a bit slow, this is the place for you. I have a hard time putting a rating on this place for its breakfast service. Excellent, excellent food. Modest menu. Excellent service, but the meal itself comes later than you want!!!!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

It took one hour and fifty minutes to receive two appetizers,five entrees and three kids meals on thursday nite at eight thirty.The Grouper Oscar for 8 ounces was thirty five dollars,the steak was burnt,dry and not edible.I think the three average on this site is generous and avoid this tourist eating trap.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Get there early (around 9:00) and enjoy the reasonable and delicious breakfasts available on the bottom floor patio.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

You don't go here for the decor, you don't go here for the ambiance and you don't go here for the restrooms. The menu is a confusing, cobbled together affair that needs attention & rework but from amongst chaos shines one thing: Grouper !!! My wife ordered the half portion of Grouper whilst I had Grouper with Mozzarella & Parmesan. She couldn't finish the half portion and, as someone with a healthy appetite, that's saying something whilst I demolished my dinner as a growing boy should do. The freshest, sweetest, tastiest, yummiest fish I have had in many years. We'll be back..........and the sooner, the better.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place is a nice little drive off the st. pete beach area in pass-a-grill. The building is gorgeous and across the street is a beatiful beach access, which we went over to to get some pictures before dinner. Then we went back across to the restaurant and went to the door at the corner of the building. There were some signs pointing to which area of the building was what dining area, but we still weren't really sure where we needed to go. So we followed along the side of the building to where a hostest desk was set up, outside. She asked how many and what level we wanted to sit on. Obvious question, "whats the difference in the different levels" to which she rambled off how 1 floor was more bar area and 1 floor didnt serve a couple sandwiches and the other level didnt serve a drink or something. I'm not even really sure. I told her we were there to eat dinner at the resteraunt we found online, so whatever that one was. So she walkied someone in the headset she had on asked if they had room. Few seconds later she tells us they had room for us go back around to that corner door and they'd be waiting. So we walk back over and go in. About 5 steps from the door is the kitchen, there are windows to see right in. Very busy, people bustling around, dishes clanking together. A man tells us he'd be ready for us in a few seconds and went to pull a couple tables together right in front of the kitchen. So close that whoever sat at the end of the table would be right where people would be walking in and out of the kitchen. So we asked to not be seated there. The man seemed ticked and then used his headset to call upstairs to see if they had room. They did, so we took the elevator up. When we got to the top floor and stepped out, the first thing I noticed was the smell. We waited there by the door for probably only a minute or so but I thought, if it smells like this the whole time I'm not going to be able to eat. Fortunately where we were taken to sit didn't smell. I still don't know what it was, maybe the hardwood floor, water damage? IDK. We had a really nice table next to a window overlooking the water. Our waiter, Winston, was really nice, and funny. There were 6 of us, we ordered the calamari for an app. Everyone who ate it said it was delicious. (I didnt eat it but it looked good). For dinners we got crab legs with mashed potatoes (which my son LOVED) Lobster ravioli (they loved), fried chicken dinner, chicken alfredo, and a fried sampler dinner which had the grouper, fritters, shrimp, and crab cake. Everyone really enjoied their dinner. They do 10% discount for FL residents so my Aunt gave him her ID. When he returned to the table he said he was sorry but they would not take her ID. She, noticably worried asked why. Winston told her they said it was not valid. So even more upset, she was like WHAT?!?! To which he laughed hysterically and said he was just joking. It was pretty funny. Other than that, I do have to say I did like the way the restrooms were set up on that floor. My 11 y/o always wants help with cracking his crab legs, so I help. When I was finished I needed to go wash my hands. There were no doors to open, you just walk around the corner, and the soap, water, and towels were all motion sensored. I don't know that we would go back. We did like the area, we'd probably try to find another place close.