“Just Okay”

The Hurricane Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 147 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Denver, Colorado
“Just Okay”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was waiting for an amazing grouper sandwich - based on a recommendation. Food was average, service was nice. Too much on the menu and not enough focus on quality.

Visited August 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“A must visit when in St. Pete Beach!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Outdoor seating is great, right across the street from the beach. Menu has something for everyone. Great grouper. Rooftop bar is THE PLACE to watch the sunset. This restaurant is just the place to unwind and relax!

• Visited October 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Amazing rooftop views”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went just for a drink on the rooftop. After many, many little flights of stairs you get an amazing view. 360. Overlooking St. Pete Beach area, which is beautiful. We opted not to eat here because we had before, and the food was awful. Cool place to hang out for a drink though.

• Visited October 2012
Decatur, Georgia
“Nothing special”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ate here on a recommendation from friends. Stopped in right before sunset on a Saturday night in October so there wasn't many crowds. After eating there I agree with all the reviews. These folks have a nice spot on the beach area so they probably don't care too much about beating anyone else on service or food. Just about everything was average, the servers seemed mostly disinterested but adequate, and the food was ok. Calimari was interesting in that it wasn't your usual rings but strips of squid lightly fried so it was a very meaty type appetizer. Not bad. My wife had the grouper sandwich and liked it and I had the Stone crabs which were fine. Every time I eat stone crabs I realize I don't think they're any better than plain old crab legs but I forget each time not to order them.

My advice: just pick something in the top five on this list of restaurants and go there. The stuff on here is usually spot on, and I got exactly what the reviews on here said I would.

Visited October 2012
Apopka, Florida
“Good Place to eat with friends very close to the beach.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Good location, pretty good food, and a rooftop deck we hear is great for watching sunsets, but we had watched sunset on the beach and arrived without a reservation, so took the table we could get.

Visited October 2012