“Proper attire for the rooftop”

The Hurricane Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 145 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reno, Nevada
“Proper attire for the rooftop”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

we were denied rooftop access to view the sunset one evening because we were in our beach attire......Yes, we were wearing shoes, shirts, and coverups. We were told the rooftop was "fine dining".....Turns out they don't even serve food up on the roof as we later found out..We took our party of 10 down to the Brass Monkey where we found the perfect place to spend the next 5 days.

Visited August 2012

“Gone completely downhill!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our local favorite but is going downhill fast . Service was horrible! Hostess hid from us.
Stay away from this place completely!!!

Villa Rica, Georgia
“Enjoyed This One!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went to this restaurant to enjoy a drink and the open air roof where you could watch the glorious sunset. It had just stormed prior to my going there and in addition to a beautiful sunset there was a stunning rainbow. Not lots of people there so it was very pleasant and relaxing. View of the gulf was perfect. Did hate to have to go downstairs to eat. But glad I did. Service was wonderful and I had a table with a view equal to that of the roof top - just not up two floors! The waiter, Winston, was about a perfect as they come and he treated me like a queen. He made suggestions which were wonderful. I enjoyed a rib eye steak that was cooked perfectly. I really enjoyed the view, the food and the ambiance of this place....and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“skip it”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

our server told us if we wanted food we'd have to order it "to go" and go downstairs ourselves and bring it up...mind you we were the only ones there!

Visited October 2012
south east florida
“Sunset and Fried Grouper”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was actually heading for another roof top eatery in Pass-a-Grill but discovered no elevator. Since I was treating my 81 yr old mom to dinner we headed for The Hurricane where she could get her walker in the elevator to the roof top for the sunset. It was a beautiful view and she wasn't bothered by the revelers at the bar.
As others have mentioned, it was a bit run down and shabby up top and inside. The outside picnic style dining area was cheerful and clean tho. It seems management may be reading these reviews, our waiter was very attentive and friendly. My crab cake melt was excellent except for the cold hard bread it was served on. I left it on the plate and mentioned to the waiter, it would have made the dish perfect had it been toasted and served warm under the crab. He spoke to management and brought us a complimentary Key Lime pie. (excellent!)
My mom has been in Florida for over 60 years and lived with fishermen, she said the grouper Fish & Chips was some of the best she's ever eaten. She can't wait to go back!
This is a great building at a perfect location across from a beautiful beach, hopefully, someone will take notice and restore it to it's old classy potential!

• Visited September 2012