“Half price Wednesday's at Gigi's”

Gigi's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 153 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great place for decent food at reasonable prices. We were lucky enough to go on a Wednesday where the wine was half price making it a memorable experience

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I thought the food was overpriced. It wasn't great food but wasn't bad either. It tasted like foodservice Italian. Right from the freezer/jar/can. Service wasn't great either.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Quaint little restaurant with great food. If we don't feel like dining in, we always get their pizza for take-out. Tasty sauce on thin crust and they make their own italian sausage..reminds me of Chicago!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went to Gigi,s for the first time while enjoying a weekend getaway with friends at the Thunderbird resort. It should have been a sign when we walked in and the hostess and a customer were having a loud exchange with him shouting "I'll never come here again" and she shouting to "get out and don't come back!" However, we continued to be seated by a huge party celebrating "nana's" birthday and the noise was so loud we had to shout to hear each other. The service by the waiter was adequate but we have never had an experience where all 4 meals were bad. the chicken parm was burned under the sauce, the salmon piccata was like leather, the filet ordered medium rare was cooked well done and the fish special was also overlooked. All the pasta was cooked to mush. Never again will we as a group accept food this poorly prepared. In hind sight we should have walked out before being seated. Don't waste your time, money and dining out experience at this poor excuse of a restaurant.

1  Thank Naples42
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had dinner with my kids and ordered the pasta with marinara...It was filled with green peppers and seemed like a sauce that should be on a sausage hoagie not as a marinara...My kids ordered the Pesto pasta and it really just had no taste at all....it was so bland...And the pasta with vodka sauce which tasted like a bottled sauce from the grocery store that was watered down.....We eat dinner out quite often and I have never had pasta sauces this bad.......The service was ok but I will never return...Very dissapointed with the money I spent on such terrible food that I could have made myself just by opening a jar....

1  Thank Jaecho1600