“Brand new restaurant - WOW”

Seared 1200 Chophouse
Ranked #10 of 155 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food in here was absolutely amazing!! The most expensive meal ever in St Pete's beach but worth it. Appetizer of pan seared scallops wrapped in bacon, followed by special of the day - black grouper with lemon risotto absolutely fabulous! Accompanied by a lovely glass of wine - at $9 a glass this was rather expensive and it wasn't the most expensive by a long way. Husband had a great steak and one beer with no appetizer and the cost was over $91.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had read about 1200 in the Tampa Bay Times, which gave it a pretty good review. Knowing that seating is limited and that the restaurant is small, we showed up right after they opened for service on a Sunday evening. Which gave us the best little corner table with a view of the Intracoastal.

We split the ribeye with Gorgonzola cheese sauce and garlic mashed, preceded by a house salad and the nifty onion and tomato salad. Washed it all down with a bottle of waiter-recommended Earthquake petite sirah and we were good to go.

Price to value and quality here is way, way in favor of the customer. If you're on the beach go there for dinner. If you're within a 20-minute drive, go there for dinner. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Everything from Salad to take home desert was fabulous. Enough for 2 meals. Tasteful decor. Attentive staff. Great experience, will be returning soon.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Takes a while to get a seat, so be patient. Our waitress (Missy) was excellent. Very personable and gave us great service. Meal prices are reasonable and include a delicious salad and rolls. I LOVED the rolls and they brought us more. :) One of our party had the twin filet Oscar and he raved about it. I had the 7 ounce filet. Cooked perfect, but the seasoning was a bit salty. I got used to it and actually enjoyed it the more I ate. My partner had one of the specials of filet tip in puff pastry with a Marsala mushroom sauce. She enjoyed her entree. We did not have dessert. They had only 3 offerings and I'm sure the people waiting for tables were relieved we didn't linger.
The biggest issue is the small size and noise in the place. It has potential with the great service and quality food. I would not go there for a romantic dinner, you can't really hear as some tables and bar were kind of boisterous (Friday night fun). I enjoyed my dinner with friends and will go back.

1  Thank Kaymo15
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was truly one of the best meals we have had at a restaurant, ever! We had the Filet and the Sea Bass, and both were cooked and presented to perfection. We ate out on the porch, and the entire experience was one we will want to repeat.

It is a little small, so I don't know what it would be like trying to get in during the peak snowbird months of February and March, but in mid-April it was fine.

We highly recommend the 1200 Chophouse!

1  Thank mitchmcc