“Everybody Loves This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riviera Supper Club - CLOSED

Riviera Supper Club
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Mangorve St. and Boca Ciega Dr.
Description: Fresh Market Cuisine in a Casual Atmosphere. Cozy and charming dining rooms for a romantic evening with your significant other, family or friends. An incredible Bouquet of Entertainers, four days a week, to enjoy while having a dance or just listening to during dinner.A family owned and operated restaurant and lounge who want you to have "A Tasty Experience".
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everybody Loves This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I came to this great place again last Friday. Oh My God! It felt like we came home. The Owners are extremely friendly. The new Manager Scott greeted us at the door like we are a part of the family. The food was scrumptious, like always. My girlfriend couldn't stop ooo-ing and aah-ing over her Veal Marsala. And my Crab Cakes were the REAL DEAL, all Crab and tasted incredible.

We spent 3 hours in the piano room, having dinner, listening to the music and watching couples dancing. By the end of the night it seemed like everybody was having a great time and leaving very happy. I know we did!

We will definitely be back again.

1 Thank Oxana B

St. Pete Beach, Florida
“what a disapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I cant believe The Riviera Supper Club is ranked number ONE
We made a reservation back in july for a family birthday celebration. There were 12 of us. We thought that it would be very nice, as in the past be heard that it was a good place to eat..... Everyone's food was tasteless. I ordered a Russian dish called Plemine which is similar to a tortellini and filled with meat.
I got a bowl of boiled dough filled balls swimming in the cooking water. No sauce, not spiced, It should have been in a bowl of chicken soup or a sauce or something. I ate only one and I was finished. The rest of the family was also unhappy and will not go back. They had nothing to offer us as a birthday desert. Not even a candle to blow out. What a disappointment on my birthday

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Lyta R
tampa fl
“Something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We decided to come here because of the reviews we had read. We are always looking for something new and different. The decor and ambiance were nice, but there were not very many people in the place the night we went. The staff was very welcoming and gave good suggestions about the menu. They do not have a printed wine list (???), which we found strange, but they did offer suggestions, although not prices. We thought the wine we had was fairly priced. The goat cheese appetizer was very good. I had the balsamic snapper and thought the balsamic taste could have been a little stronger - the fish itself was nice. My husband had the Steak Diane and said it was good, but should have been seared a bit. Our big shock came with the dessert. Again, they did not have a printed menu, but described the desserts as all outstanding and made fresh in house. I chose the flourless chocolate cake with a side of chocolate ice cream. My husband had the pumpkin pie. The cake was OK, nothing special, and the ice cream was sliced to almost look like biscotti - It had that icy consistency of ice cream that has melted and then been refrozen. We didn't even think to ask about the prices because the main menu was reasonable. When we got the bill, the cake was $11.90 and the ice cream was $3 additional. That was a bit of a surprise. I don't think I have ever spent so much on a dessert. Over all we enjoyed the experience, but I don't know if we would rush to go back.

• Visited November 2013
Kevin O, Owner at Riviera Supper Club, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your compliments and input regarding the food and specifics of your experience. Each of these specifics you've brought to our attentions are opportunities for us to improve.
While in general we try very hard to be prepared before the start of the shift in every possible way, it would seem that on the day you visited us we had not finished the printed Wine List. We want everyone who looks at it to find that all listed is currently available. We trust you enjoyed the bottle you chose.
As for dessert, your review brought it to our attention that there was a problem within our POS system. We have since taken care to remedy the up-charge that occurred on your check. It was supposed to only identify the flavor - not charge for it. Lastly, the flourless Chocolate Tort is normally accompanied by Raspberry infused Vanilla Ice Cream. I understand you changed this to a dark Chocolate Gelato instead. The Gelato is made with less eggs and Cream with no air churned into it which creates a denser, icier confection. Our apologies for the mis-labeling which may have been misleading.
All that aside, please contact us so that we can correct this with you.
gulfport, fl
“EXCELLENT DINNER!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was my second visit to the Riviera Supper Club. Once again the food was absolutely outstanding. The service is second to none, and the ambiance is very elegant. We happened to be there on a Friday night and there was a lovely piano player who was entertaining...Nice touch! Both my friend & I had the Veal Marsala. It was so tender you didn't need a knife to cut it. It was extremely flavorful, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would highly recommend this unique restaurant to anyone who wants first class service, excellent food, and lovely ambiance. Very happy they are so close to me. I live in Gulfport, FL and will continue to go to this real gem of a restaurant. I would like to mention that the owners totally go out of their way to make sure your experience is second to none!!! :)

Cindy Gold
Gulfport,FL.

• Visited October 2013
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“As always, Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We can’t get enough of this place. Consistently some of the best food and entertainment for the price.

This weekend we came to celebrate another Birthday with some friends. We are so glad we did. All of the food was delicious. I could cut my Steak Diane with my fork. My wife’s grilled fish was tender and the mango butter sauce was incredible, even to me, since I don’t like mango. Everyone at our table loved everything, especially the entertainer singing to our friend when her birthday dessert arrived. The staff made sure we had everything we needed all evening without really having to ask for anything. Nice attention to our party.

As always, a great time. Well worth the drive from Tampa. We will be back again and again.