“Toasted Monkey - Great Beach Bar in St Pete Beach”
Review of Toasted Monkey

Toasted Monkey
Ranked #32 of 147 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toasted Monkey Beach Bar and Sports Grill where locals and visitors alike enjoy great food, great sports and family fun all at one location on one of Florida's most popular beaches. The Toasted Monkey is locally owned and operated and is located on the grounds of the St. Pete Beach Howard Johnson Resort Hotel located on Gulf Boulevard and directly on the beautiful white sands of St. Pete Beach.Toasted Monley Beach Bar The Toasted Monkey's Gulf Blvd Sports Bar and Grill offers a full menu and full liquor bar that can be enjoyed inside the remodeled dining room or outside on our new deck while watching your favorite team on one of our 25 TV's. The Toasted Monkey Beach Bar is located on the sands of St. Pete Beach and has the charm of a West Indies Tropical beach bar. We have added a new large beachfront deck, volleyball courts and more for the whole family to enjoy. The Toasted Monkey is also a great place to have that special event. Whether it is for get together's for friends and family or business, the Toasted Monkey with its Banquet room and Banquet Menu, can seat and serve between 80 and 100 guests. Stop by the Toasted Monkey and enjoy some local St. Pete Beach hospitality.
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Toasted Monkey - Great Beach Bar in St Pete Beach”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

During our most recent trip to St Pete Beach we stayed at the Howard Johnson St Petersburg Beach Resort. We’ve stayed at a number of hotels and condominiums in St Pete Beach during our annual visits to the area over the past ten years but we seem to gravitate back to this hotel most of the time (the location is exceptional). However, I’m getting off point as I will be talking about the picturesque West Indies tropical themed bar on the backside of the hotel property and not the hotel at this time.

The bar is the Toasted Monkey and it is located on the beach side of the hotel’s extensive pool deck. The pool is for hotel guests only (unlike the bar that is open to anyone) and the bar is very popular with these guests and others that are looking for a place to talk to old friends or meet new ones, watch sports on a number of large screen TVs, enjoy live music, eat something selected from the expansive menu or just to enjoy a favorite drink.

The bar’s windows remain open most of the time and the breezes off of the Gulf along with interior fans keep it comfortable inside. Live music is presented almost every evening on the large wooden deck attached to the backside (beach side) of the bar and the four different musicians that played/sang during our four day stay were very good.

I/We visited the bar on several occasions during our stay and the staff were always friendly and most of the time they were also efficient. During most of my visits to the bar I was just looking to relax with a drink and watch the stunning sunsets so I only ordered food twice. These dishes were served promptly and they were very good. I ordered a nacho on one occasion and a Cuban sandwich on the other and they were delicious.

I definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to unwind on the beach or just looking for a fun restaurant with a great view.

St. John's, Canada
“Great place to eat and relax”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Howard Johnston where this restaurant was located. We ate her 3 time in the 4 days we stayed at the hotel. Amazing sandwiches, wicked wings, probably the best I have had, pizza amazing and the staff were great. Highly recommend.

New Castle, Delaware
“Great Bar & I love their jukebox.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife & i stayed at the Guy Harvey (next door) and went to the Toasted Monkey a few times. Was very pleased with the atmosphere. At that time, there wasn't a whole lot going on in terms of entertainment, but that suited me just fine as i am a "master jukebox player"..LOL. Anyway, they have one of the best jukebox's i have ever seen. For what it's worth, the bartenders enjoyed my selections and the beer was very cold!! I loved the fact that we could get there from the beach. We would definitely return....

Somerville, New Jersey
“Great food, great atmosphere.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have eaten at the toasted monkey several times. There is the restaurant on gulf blvd. and the bar in back on the beach. I find the bar to be crowded and noisy, not necessarily my scene so we ate in the restaurant. But everyone sounded like they were having a good time when we walked past! We both had a burger, different types. Food and service were both good, waitress very prompt. Waitress had forgot a side salad, but brought one right away and did not charge us for it. Will definitely return on our next visit to St Pete Beach.

Visited October 2013
Maryland
“On the beach”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were walking on the beach and saw that we could get to the Toasted Monkey, interesting name, we were served straight away by a friendly person at the bar. The mojito was apparently very good according to my husband, the next one not so good and the server asked how it was and he said well to be honest not as good as the other one made by the other server. Well she went over to the other server, came back and said I know what I did wrong. She took the drink away and came back and said try that. It was as good as the one before,she had left out sprite.
So good for her. Main thing going for them was beach location.

• Visited September 2013