“Over rated sketchy atmosphere.”
Review of Rick's Reef

Rick's Reef
Ranked #17 of 147 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Casual Dining restaurant with a focus on fresh ingredients located on St. Pete Beach. Serving BREAKFAST, lunch, dinner and late night. Plenty of outdoor seating on the patio, and indoor seating, air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. Serving fresh seafood, and home-made chicken, pork and beef selections, all prepared fresh, by hand, specifically for you. Sauces, vegetables and mixed dishes prepared daily, in-house, and always from fresh ingredients. The friendly staff, and regular local crowd, make it a fun place to hang out. With a full-service bar, and plenty of indoor and outdoor seating at the bar, there is something for everyone. The restaurant is family friendly, and dogs are welcome in the outdoor seating area.
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

After reading the rash of excellent reviews on t/a between November 5thand 7th we were coerced to stop in for our last meal at St Pete Beach. We both ordered the Mahi Mahi. The fries were cold,soggy and over cooked. Way too salty! The music was very loud such that the server had to yell in our ear to hear. The prices were quite high in our opinion considering portion size, quality and atmosphere. This place obviously gets a lot of regulars, felt more like a dive bar to me. Smoking is allowed which shocked us. Nothing like a good dose of second hand smoke with a crappy meal. We used to come here regularly on our annual vacation to SPB, and we were always pleased. Not anymore. You have to question the legitimacy of 12 reviews all excellent over a 3 day period. Save your money and go to one of the other top 5 restaurants. Cafe luna next door or snappers down the street are much better choices imo.

1  Thank seymorepe
There are newer reviews for Rick's Reef

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The food here was good but not exceptional. I had the fresh catfish with chips (fries). The catfish was good but the fries were too greasy and soggy to my liking. My wife had the ham and cheese (they forgot the cheese). She said it was very tasty and fresh.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Real great local place. Food was excellent and the staff, especially the manager, were very nice. Thanks so much for the tables!! You are the best!!! Will be back!!

1  Thank Di_Jacq
Reviewed November 7, 2013

After spending my day at the beach i stopped by Ricks Reef with a few friends to have a few drinks and oh my goodness!! this place is heaven. Their onion rings are out of this world and i had some of the best pulled pork ive ever set taste buds on! Their food is great, the place is clean, they have great customer service and reasonably affordable prices on everything! Come and enjoy! I know i will be back!

1  Thank Shain B
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Wow. I just had the smoked salmon with mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies. It was fantastic!! The smoked salmon was a northwestern US variety with a tasty rub and smoked to the perfect doneness. I also tried the potstickers and smoked grouper spread. They were both excellent but the smoked grouper spread is in a league of its own. The best I have ever had and that is saying something as I have been eating smoked fish for over 50 years and was in the gourmet restaurant business in my youth. The drinks are great as well. They do not skimp on the booze and the prices are very fair. Service was excellent as well. I ate at the bar and the bartender was very attentive even though it was full. All in all is was a great experience and I highly recommend a stop into the historic landmark on St. Pete Beach. The new owners are doing an excellent job!!