“NEVER AGAIN”
Review of Rick's Reef

Rick's Reef
Ranked #16 of 145 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Casual Dining restaurant with a focus on fresh ingredients located on St. Pete Beach. Serving BREAKFAST, lunch, dinner and late night. Plenty of outdoor seating on the patio, and indoor seating, air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. Serving fresh seafood, and home-made chicken, pork and beef selections, all prepared fresh, by hand, specifically for you. Sauces, vegetables and mixed dishes prepared daily, in-house, and always from fresh ingredients. The friendly staff, and regular local crowd, make it a fun place to hang out. With a full-service bar, and plenty of indoor and outdoor seating at the bar, there is something for everyone. The restaurant is family friendly, and dogs are welcome in the outdoor seating area.
Harlow, United Kingdom
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We entered the restaurant and were told we could sit where we liked by a very uninterested waitress. There were about 3 other customers at the bar. The waitress took our order then brought the starters and drinks. Whilst we were eating the starters she brought up the main meals and proceeded to put these on the table. My starter was pushed out of the way by her putting my main meal of salmon in front of me. Overall we were in and out within 45 mins. Considering the restaurant was empty i couldnt work out why they rushed the food out. The salmon was under cooked.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank LittleBlondeHair
Don G, General Manager at Rick's Reef, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience at our restaurant. I would like to get some more details from you about your visit so that I can have an opportunity to put steps in place to insure this doesn't happen again. If you are still in St. Pete Beach I would really appreciate it if you would come in or call me so that I can have an opportunity to make our restaurant better, as well as make up for your less than satisfactory visit to you.

Saint Pete Beach, Florida, United States
“Awesome food and service!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Awesome place! I live here on SPB, but hadn't been here. While I was waiting for a friend in 1 of the cool chairs out front, a gal took my pic! How cool is that? I had the best burger loaded with cheeses - thick and done perfectly! Kelsey our server was terrific, too! I definitely will go back!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Sandi B
“Why is this place rated so high?”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I went here because of the rating. Had guests in town. My food sucked would haven been better off with a publix sandwich. Menu looks like every other bar on st Pete beach, but poorly exicuted. Drinks and atmosphere were good.

• Visited September 2013
Don G, Owner at Rick's Reef, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
As the owner of Rick's Reef it saddens me to have to write a response like this. Recently I have had a discontented employee leave my employment, and now feels the need to try to slander and hurt me on tripadvisor. We take great pride in the quality of food and service. We also strive to always conduct ourselves in a professional manor at all times. Those of you that frequent our restaurant often know these reviews can not be from actual guest, and are a malicious attempt to hurt me. However doing this does not only hurt me, it hurts every employee at Rick's Reef, which is why I felt the need to respond and correct these bad reviews. Everyone at Rick's Reef would like to thank you for your patronage over the last year and look forward to another year together.
“Tried to eat there”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We went there with a party of eight on night and it took awhile just to have someone ask us how many people we have then it took a while to get a table ready and we had somebody tell us it would be 40 min after after they sat us to be able to get anything I was vary disappointed about the way we were treated so we left without even making it to our table

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank divedale
Don G, General Manager at Rick's Reef, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
I'm sorry you had an issue with getting a table together. I am disappointed that my staff wasn't able to take proper care of your needs. It would be a great help to me if you could contact me so that we can discuss more details about your visit so that we can offer better service in the future.
Orlando, FL
“Really Good Food!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a late dinner here while on vacation. Very good food (try the Chicken Philly... Wow!) Friendly service, very accommodating to us. Very patriotic place, my son left with an American flag sticker... love it! Keep it up!

The one and only issue with Rick's Reef is that the bar is outside/inside, meaning you can hear all the bar patrons while sitting inside, eating dinner with your family. There was some colorful language, which would never bother us except that our 8 year old was hearing every word. But as I stated, we went in for a late dinner, almost 9pm. So this is to be expected.

Still, Rick's Reef gets the five star rating! Great food and friendly service.

Visited September 2013