“My new favorite restaurant on St. Pete Beach.”
Review of Rick's Reef

Rick's Reef
Ranked #32 of 153 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Casual Dining restaurant with a focus on fresh ingredients located on St. Pete Beach. Serving BREAKFAST, lunch, dinner and late night. Plenty of outdoor seating on the patio, and indoor seating, air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. Serving fresh seafood, and home-made chicken, pork and beef selections, all prepared fresh, by hand, specifically for you. Sauces, vegetables and mixed dishes prepared daily, in-house, and always from fresh ingredients. The friendly staff, and regular local crowd, make it a fun place to hang out. With a full-service bar, and plenty of indoor and outdoor seating at the bar, there is something for everyone. The restaurant is family friendly, and dogs are welcome in the outdoor seating area.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I first discovered Rick's Reef in June, so when we came back in town, this was our first choice of places to eat. I have had several items from their menu, and I have loved it all. One of my favorites is the macaroni and cheese , but the pork sliders are incredible too. Their cheeseburger is the best I've ever had. The drinks are very good too. The bartender who worked on Labor Day is one of the best around; nobody makes a better margarita. The staff goes out of its way to provide good service and make your time there enjoyable. We love Rick's Reef so much that out of the five nights we went out to eat, three nights were at Rick's Reef. The live music this weekend was also superb. I have vacationed in St. Pete for most of my life, and this restaurant is one of the best!

1  Thank dkdh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stopped by with family and friends for an early lunch and could smell the BBQ pork - was leaning that way until I heard the special (lobster roll). Couldn't resist the lobster roll, and was glad I got it, but was still smelling that BBQ in the air. Rick brought our party a heaping side of pork for us to try - on the house. Was awesome! Such a cool place, will definitely be back. I'm a St. Pete Beach local, and it was very refreshing to find a place on the beach with good food, good service, and won't break your bank account!

3  Thank Chris F
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had a fantastic dinner there last night. Started with a wonderful smoked fish spread. The grilled salmon was seasoned and cooked perfectly. The two sides were homemade mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables. Bartender was very friendly and owner came by to say hi!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

On a recent vacation at Treasure Island, Florida, we drove just a short distance away to St. Pete Beach and found a hidden gem..... Rick's Reef was a great find and the owner was there and was just an outstanding guy who told us the story of how he worked remodeling the building and the pictures of it before he started.. He took us on a tour through the back and showed us just how fresh everything is ,,, He doesn't have anything frozen and doesn't have a microwave.. We had the fresh grouper, blackened and it was served with wonderful tropical coleslaw, which i will have to go back and have again.... Later, after we left, i told someone how good it was, and they told me on Saturdays he has homemade macaroni and cheese with lobster and it was the best he had ever tried...If you are ever in the area, make sure you stop by and treat yourself to some of the freshest and tastiest seafood ever...... He has been opened for a year and the atmosphere reminds me a lot of Key West....What a great find.......

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Came back in for the ump-teenth time today. This place and the food just doesn't get old. Still the best food on the beach. With a slightly new menu, Richard has filled the gap with the addition of certain plates in the sandwich section as well as an excellent new lunch menu. Great selection and still haven't had a bad plate since I started coming here 9 months ago.

The Lobster Mac n Cheese is one of the best dishes on the beach. Only served on Saturdays though. But you can enjoy that dish on Saturdays while enjoying the aroma of the best pulled pork around being smoked for 30+ hrs. to be served on Sundays.

The atmosphere here is as good as it gets. Just off of the waters of the Gulf, this place has as much a beach bar feel as any on the beach. Pair that with the outstanding food, and you can't go wrong. A true Key West mood is to be had here on St. Pete Beach.

Richard, the owner, is a solid guy and will more than go out of his way to make you feel welcome and have a great experience. The great bartenders...Jose, "Sam", and all the rest of the staff fit together and make for an enjoyable visit. And you can never leave out Mark. He's the best!

This place lights up at night. With live music and a livelier crowd. Complete with a late-night menu.

Definitely the place to be to party with the locals or just relax with a low key Reef Wrecker and some damn good food.

Come out, relax, and enjoy!

Shane