“BIG DISAPPOINTMENT”

Floating Water Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Floating Water Park is located in the Gulf, just off the shore behind TradeWinds Island Grand. Relax and float in Florida’s warm waters as you and your kids enjoy inflatable slides, floating trampolines and Floating Cabanas. The Floating Water Park is 15,750 square feet and has certified lifeguards on duty. All guests are required to wear life jackets. Participants must be 46" high; children 40"-45" must be accompanied by someone over 16 years old; all participants must weigh at least 30 pounds. Guests may reach the park by wading and/or swimming out to it or floating tubes can be used for assistance. The Floating Water Park is open from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (last session starts at 3:00 pm). Weather and tide conditions permitting. Open seasonally: March - October.
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“BIG DISAPPOINTMENT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I Purchased a groupon for splash islands at the tradewinds. I did read that parking was not offered to the public, but only for registered guests, which we were not. I called approx 1 hour to our arrival, stating that we were coming to splash island and asked about available parking. I was told that there was parking at the light after the hotel which sounded close by. I found out that it was 9 blocks to the resort. I had 3 children with me, a cooler, and other beach necissities. It was a very long walk in the hot sun!! Upon our arrival, we noticed that splash island was not set up.I inquired and was told that it was too choppy and was offered a trade for the slide. We chose tto trade it for the unlimited slide. My children rode twice and the third time it was sclosed for unknown reasons. We also rented a floating cabana which did not have the attached pillow and were told that the staff would locate oneand bring it out to us. After 1 hour, still no pillow. We then dicided to leave. I was very frustrated and disappointed with the amount of money I spent and all of the issues we had. I would not recommend splash island for the public, maybe for hotel guests only. It is too inconvenient for the public!! Very disappointed!!!

11 Thank maniac21_12