“JetLev is amazing!”

JetLev at TradeWinds Island Resorts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take your beach vacation to new heights at TradeWinds...The first resort on Florida's west coast to offer flights aboard these custom-designed packs. This exhilarating experience takes riders to new heights.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The jetlev team was super helpful in making this experience truly fantastic. This was surreal being able to levitate. The learning curve was pretty quick being a first timer. After 45 mins I was running on water, playing superman while coming out of the water, and able to hove, at a maximum of ~ 16 feet above the water. Pretty amazing for a first run. Will definitely do this again and highly recommend the crew. They made me feel safe, and the experience was thoroughly enjoyable.

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"instructor"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed March 23, 2013

great clean fun place with excellent service and great food! a wonderful resort for families and friends, beautiful rooms, something for everyone!............

1  Thank janine a
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just do it.. a must !!! The most amazing experience., you have to try flying the Jetlev... nothing comes close ...

1  Thank TNSA
Reviewed February 13, 2013

dau wanted to do the jet lev while we were staying at tradewinds last fall. though it was a great ride, the few times she really got up & stayed up, she was freezing the whole time, which took away from some of the enjoyment of the sport. she had to soak in the hot tub for awhile before she warmed up. would be much more fun to do in the summer. i advised the staff that offering wetsuits for rental should be a necessity, would enhance the experience greatly.

JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at JetLev at TradeWinds Island Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

As Director of Guest Satisfaction I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for coming to the TradeWinds Island Grand and having the experience of riding the JetLev. This was our first season using the JetLev and through comments such as yours we have made several changes to make it even more enjoyable! During the cooler dates of the season, we have currently made arrangements for wetsuit rentals with a provider just 5 minutes away for only $15 per day. However, we will be implementing wetsuits into our own inventory, therefore available upon request no matter what time of season.

Doug Rogers
Director of Guest Satisfaction
o 727.490.5683 | c 727.776.4814| JustLetGo.com

#1 Beach Destination - Trip Advisor, 2012

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was a little nervous about this, but the profession and helpful jet-lev team put my mind to rest and gave me a wonderful adventure that I will remember for a lifetime!

The website states that you have to be there 30-45 minutes early, but they told us we would go out at the actual time of our appt, and then they took about 10 minutes to explain how it all worked. The team was very friendly and never made me feel stupid for asking anything. As I said before, I was a little nervous so I probably asked some silly questions, but they were very reassuring and took their time to explain everything in detail. I was very impressed with the crew!

You strap the jet-lev on while on the boat and have to climb down the stairs into the water from the back of the boat. This, to me, was actually the more strenuous part of the whole thing. The jet-lev isn't overly heavy (it does float, I asked, lol) but it's awkward and rather large when you are out of the water. Once in the water they again explain a little more about the controls and then they hang on to the back when it first starts, and go around with you a little bit until you feel ok to do it on your own. They have a remote headset and will talk to you the whole time. As you get more comfortable with it and master the balance of it (it can be quite unstable in certain situations) they will give you more power, which allows you to go higher. You do not have to go any higher than you feel comfortable with. I ended up going pretty high, but my husband went much higher and we were both happy with the height we ended up achieving.

The overall ride is about 30 minutes. It is exhilarating, but you will be tired at the end. You are constantly adjusting your arm position, and the seat is not overly comfortable. During the ride though, you won't really care, but afterwards you may feel a bit like putty for awhile. Make sure to try to relax and take it all in. It's easy to get caught up in trying to get the controls exactly perfect, but take the time to take in the view and just enjoy the moment! Now that I've done it once I can't wait to try it again!

2  Thank theconstantwanderer