Stayed in Nov, our 3rd trip to P-A-G and our 2nd at Sabal Palms. Had reserved a seafront room prior to our arrival in USA but were disappointed on arrival to find our booking had been cancelled and the room occupied by other guests. The place was full but thankfully had just 1 room left that wasn't in the basement (hurray!) so we stayed on the side instead but were not offered apology or discount by staff at the time. This caused an argument between me and my husband who was not in the mood for unexpected surprises! On our return to UK the owner later made amends and admitted there'd been a booking error, which didn't help us at the time but has restored my faith in small run places which actually care for their guests. Personal touch is the main selling point of Sabal Palms, otherwise you may as well stay at big hotels further up St Petes beach. Plus points are that your sheets and towels changed every day and the place clean enough, obviously the location is a huge point too. Areas that need attention are the pool and the BBQ - we bought groceries one night and got back to find problems with the gas and the ignition on the BBQ. Thankfully husband runs engineering firm so when he got a shrug-oh-well-type response from site staff, he gritted his teeth and got his tools out and fixed it! As I say... personal touch needs to be REMEMBERED by staff as being their main selling point......
The whole PAG area is slowly developing but thankfully is relatively undisturbed. A new coffee house since our last visit and another art gallery, which is the kind of development I can live with ;-) Hope to return in April 2006 when the weather a little more consistent than November wild winds. Still stunning to be near the sea of course, and the free bikes and chairs always a winner. Owner has also assured me she will look at a dodgy light fitting in the pool, which is reassuring. All in all I look forward to seeing the improvements in April and would still choose to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sabal Palms Inn is a family run inn directly facing the Gulf of Mexico. The only thing that separates you from the sandy white beach and the warm Gulf waters is a small two way utility road. Located in historic Pass-a-Grille where there is nothing growing on the beach except for nature. Proud member of the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber or Commerce and the Superior Small Lodging Association. Winner of the 2015 SSL White Glove Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sabal Palms Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sabal Palms Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Sabal Palms Motel
- Sabal Palms Inn St. Pete Beach, Florida