After a week doing the parks in Orlando we needed somewhere to relax and recover. We had no plans other than finding a beach on the Gulf coast, jumping in the convertible and heading off. After much searching on the internet and several phone calls to various motels and hotels we came across Sabal Palms Inn. I made a call and spoke with Eddie who manages the Inn and made a booking for the following day. We arrived early after a good journey and were met by Eddie and his wife Anna who immediately made us feel welcome, allowing us access to our room early (Normal check in is 2pm) and giving us a quick tour of the inn. The room had all the essentials and catered well for us as a family of four. The kitchen, bathroom and beds were really clean and the room tidy. I suppose some may consider the furnishings a bit basic but not a problem for ourselves. The kitchen had a cooker, coffee maker, fridge and microwave which were all impeccably clean. The room was also serviced daily with Anna discreetly cleaning the room when we were out and leaving clean towels ready for the following day. In respect of location then Sabal Palms has it covered. Located on the very end of St Petes beach it is well away from the noisy, touristy part of the area. A walk across the road takes you to the beach and with some reasonable bars and restraints located nearby made for a perfect location for us to kick back and relax for a week. There is also loads to do around the area and Eddie was happy to offer suggestions about the best locations and places to visit. All in all a great week and we will try to get back in the future. Well done and big thanks to Eddie, Anna and his team for a great holiday. See you in a couple of years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sabal Palms Inn is a family run inn directly facing the Gulf of Mexico. The only thing that separates you from the sandy white beach and the warm Gulf waters is a small two way utility road. Located in historic Pass-a-Grille where there is nothing growing on the beach except for nature. Proud member of the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber or Commerce and the Superior Small Lodging Association. Winner of the 2015 SSL White Glove Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Sabal Palms Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sabal Palms Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Sabal Palms Motel
- Sabal Palms Inn St. Pete Beach, Florida