We came to Pass a Grille to attend a beach wedding and stayed at Sabal Palms.The moment we walked into the courtyard, we were warmly greeted by Eddie, the manager. He showed us to our spotlessly clean gulf-front room, and gave us some great tips on local places to eat. (The grilled grouper sandwich at Sea Critters...you were spot on with that one, Eddie! Yum!)
Later in our stay, Eddie went above and beyond by walking the two blocks to the Sabal Palms' sister hotel, The Coconut Inn, with me to help me print off a document I needed on the Coconut's printer. Our housekeeper, Yudith, was every bit as helpful and friendly.
The room itself was roomy, sunny, and airy with a great view of the gulf. This charming little inn is literally steps from the beach - the extras like free use of beach chairs, bicycles, grill, and a complimentary parking pass for Pass A Grille were icing on the cake. Having a kitchen and bringing in a few groceries from a local market saved lots of $$$ on breakfast and lunches. Some reviewers have commented on the lower level rooms. I got a chance to see them because after visiting us at the inn, my mother and sister were so taken by the place, they decided to leave their hotel and stay at the Sabal Palms. It's true, the ceilings are lower than the upstairs rooms, but unless you are well over six feet tall, I don't think it would matter. In closing, I would say, if you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere. That's not the vibe here. If you want clean, quiet, comfy, cozy, and beachy, the Sabal Palms is the place. We loved it, and would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sabal Palms Inn is a family run inn directly facing the Gulf of Mexico. The only thing that separates you from the sandy white beach and the warm Gulf waters is a small two way utility road. Located in historic Pass-a-Grille where there is nothing growing on the beach except for nature. Proud member of the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber or Commerce and the Superior Small Lodging Association. Winner of the 2015 SSL White Glove Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Sabal Palms Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sabal Palms Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Sabal Palms Motel
- Sabal Palms Inn St. Pete Beach, Florida