At check in they were unable to find our reservation and took appox. 35 minutes to check us in. The desk staff did not seem to know what they were doing and kept going into a back room and calling others on the phone to help them.The rooms were small, but newly updated.
The next day after being by the pool for a few hours I went to my room to get ready for a 2pm appointment. My room key would not work. The desk staff told me my room key did not work because they were changing my room and that my new room was not ready but, I could pack-up my family of five and they would store my belonings down in the lobby. After talking with the desk staff for several minutes, they finally let me stay in my present room. They gave me a new room key, I went back to my room, and the key did not work, this happened 4 more times. I finally spoke with the manger who was little help, blaming the problem on the reservation staff or my cell phone (which was locked in my room) being to close to the key. I finally did get into my room on the fifth key and telling them that perhaps it was the lock and not the key but, I missed my 2pm appiontment. That day our room was not made up until after 5pm. The next day we were locked out of our room two more times.
Upon check out we were charged for all the items in the mini bar. We had not eaten any of the snacks. They did credit out bill for the mini bar items. I spoke with the manger and told them I did not want to be charged for one of the three nights we stayed. They would only give us either a half day credit or a free night stay on our next visit. He said he did not feel our experience warranted a full night credit. After debating this with the manger for appox. 25 minutes, I took my half day credit and left. This is not the kind of service I would expect from a resort hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida