“Was the perfect vacation”

Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed November 27, 2009

it was a spurr of the moment trip and I decided to try the Sandpiper..I was impressed by the online info,,The day we came down, the weather was perfect. As we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a very friendly staff.."this scored points"....They made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed..next stop was the room..All I can say was wow..it was clean, roomy and the view was breath taking..for the next 5 days we basked in the sun and did some sight seeing..I do believe this was one vacation that was perfect from start to finish..Thank you and we will be back
Bruce and Peggy Reynhout

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 27, 2009

Stayed three nights for a business meeting. Suite overlooking the gulf, dolphins swimming and playing in water, adult only pool and great food.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2009

The good, the bad, the ugly:
UGLY: Nothing
BAD: Not really a resort. All the amenities were at the sister hotel. Not a big fan of the food, but that's personal taste. Frozen drinks 8.30...watched 'em made. If there were 1 oz of booze in it would have been a miracle. "Hot" water was lacking, but warm enough.
GOOD: Everything. Friendly staff. Room was acceptable cleanliness. and quiet. TV selection fair. Pools and hot tub nice. Beach, cabanas and staff excellent. Sister resort for breakfast buffet is recommended.
SUMMARY: Definitely a good choice for a quiet stay on the beach. Not much going on during the week, so a nice and quiet getaway.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Just got back yesterday from a five night stay at the Sandpiper. From the moment we checked in until the moment we left, every single staff member was amazingly helpful and friendly. We travel a lot and I think this was the best service anywhere. Our room was on the fifth floor with an ocean view. It was considered a gulf front room. We had a separate living room and kitchen stocked with pots, pans, etc...- it was terrific. There were two heated pools and a great hot tub that lit up different colors at night. The cabanas and hammocks on the beach are a nice touch. We also spent some time at the Island Grand (sister hotel a few doors down). We had dinner at both Bermudas and the Palm and both were very good. While in St. Pete, we went on the Dolphin Queen and as promised saw dolphins. My husband went on the Miss Pass-a-Grille deep sea fishing boat and caught some fish (and since we had the kitchen in our room, we were able to eat it for lunch). And, I can't forget Beverly's. A small restaurant down the street. I had heard they have great breakfast so we ordered some to go on our way to the airport. It was the best french toast I think I ever had!! I still want more. Terrific weather, terrific hotel and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2009

The service provided by the restaurant, consierge, and grounds staff was excellent. The proximity of the beach to the property was great. The pools were very clean and the hot tub was accomodating. When my wife and I go down next year, I will probably stay at this resort again. I think my vacation was more restful with the accomodations I received.
Patrick Loyd

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We have enjoyed staying at the TradeWinds Sandpiper for several years. I can't think of another place I would rather stay. The staff is very friendly and make the guests feel very comfortable. From the time we arrive to the time we check-out everyone is very courteous. Thank you Sandpiper staff!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2009

We had a great time at the Sandpiper in St. Pete Beach. There is plenty to do and the accommodations are great. Its nice to have the Tradewinds Grand next to it, so you can use their facilty too. The staff was excellent there and would like to give a Gold Star for Carmen the concierge. We would recommend this resort to anyone

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple