“Nice place!”

Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Reviewed April 25, 2006

Stayed at the Sand Piper for Spring Break with the kids. Everyone had a great time. I thought the room was a bit small, but other than that, no complaints. Peter (the cabana guy) is AWESOME!!!! Pools were very clean and loved the "adult only" pool for some relaxing reading time. Would stay here again.

6  Thank Coltsrule25

Connecticut
Reviewed April 23, 2006

Just got back from the Tradewinds Sandpiper. The hotel was just renovated and the rooms were very nice. A few complaints, only one cabana per room on the beach unless you want to pay and the cushons don't come out until 9 in the morning, not good for early risers. Also, the coffee shop in the lobby is very slow and a little overpriced. Otherwise, no problems. The pools were warm and pretty clean. I would reccomend the Sandpiper over the Tradewinds Island Grand. You are able to use all of the Island Grand's facilities however that resort was much more crowded and noisy. The hotel has an excellent location near all of the atrractions of St. Pete and the surrounding area. I reccomend Fly-N-High for parasailing, jet skis, etc. found in John's Pass. http://www.fly-n-high.net/ No doubt about it, I would stay at the Sandpiper again.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 15, 2006

Just got back from a one night stay at the newly renovated Sandpiper. Given that they just completed a major renovation of the hotel I decided to stay at the Sandpiper. Basically the interior rooms have been gutted and the lobby is new.

I stayed in a water view suite for 180 a night - normally 300 but I received an entertainment discount. The room was mostly clean but seems kinda shabby for being newly renovated. My front door was difficult to open and close. The curtains were tore and looked stained.

No Internet access which is really weird for a newly renovated hotel.

When I got back late to my room. I discovered that my bed sheets were covered in sand and the bedding on the other bed had mystery stains on the sheets - gross!!!!!

In general I find it difficult to find a descent hotel in St. Pete when I visit. So far I prefer the Vinoy. I stayed at the Don and found it very over rated and costly.

Steer clear of the Sandpiper unless you like to sleep in a sandy bed.

Only positive part of my stay is the bellman was extremely helpful and the security officer who brought my new sheets and bedding was very kind and apologetic.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2006

As a previous guest, I received a letter offering a free nights stay at the Sandpiper to see the newly renovated resort. I made reservations for my free night. I am very skeptical of anything offered for free, so when we checked in I expected to be told I had to pay a service fee, sit through a sales speech, or something. Instead, we were warmly welcomed as returning guests. Our room was bright, clean, comfortable and very nice. The staff was fantastic and treated us so well. Every single member of the staff that we met was really friendly and nice. The service at the pool bar and gift shop were great. And when we checked out, a zero balance - no suprprises! I would HIGHLY recommend this as a great place for not only families, but for adults as well. They are honest, attentive and we had a great time. Thank you!!

Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank DebRFranksville_WI
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2006

The Tradewinds Hotels in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida offer a variety of activites, watersports, restaurants, and a spectacular Gulf sunset. I like the fact that you can use the amenities at both of their beautiful hotels when you book your vacation with their resort. You never have to get into your car if you don't want to. The area has plenty of quality shopping and dining within walking distance.
We recently had the opportunity to stay in the newly renovated Tradewind Sandpiper gulfview suites.
The Florida colorschemes are warm and inviting, the staff are informative and courteous, and their white sand beach is one of my favorites.
I would recommend this resort for value, service and location.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 22, 2006

Just a note to thank you and your staff for taking care of the VA group, Tele-Retinal Screening Implementation Meeting, January 4 – 6, 2006 at the Sandpiper. I was very impressed with the day to day handling of our needs by Ms. Deborah Probst and the staff assigned to the Meeting Center. Of special note were Victor and Marlon who were always right there, refreshing the coffee, making sure the restrooms were kept up, and anything else we asked. Their enthusiasm and attitude was genuine and welcomed.

The crew at Five Star Audiovisual was another asset. Jason Young, JT and Ken Baldwin are professional in every sense. Ken was with us every step of the way and he and JT are assets to your organization.

Ray the electrician and Fred bailed us out Wednesday night when we blew the circuits in the meeting center with our electrical requirements for a video demonstration on Thursday morning. Ray made a special trip from home and got us up and running again. He was reassuring to say the least.

Then there’s the mail room staff who worked with Deborah to alert us regarding our missing Fed Ex boxes. Deborah and the “mail room lady” who stayed late waiting for a possible delivery, made a bad situation seem almost alright.

Last and certainly not least is Margarita who made my day with her smile and can do attitude. She and Deborah are true super stars.

If you are interested I’ll share any participant feedback I receive, but I wanted to recognize the great customer service we received. You have a winning team.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2006

What a nice place. Rooms have been completly redone. The hotel seems almost brand new. Very nice pools and hot tub. Staff was very nice and friendly. The resort fee seemed a little much since the room rate isn't cheap. Overall, a great hotel with easy access to the beach. I only wish they had more resturants/bars on site but you have to walk to the Grand Island Resort for most of those frills.

• Stayed: March 2006