My boyfriend and I have not had the best of luck when it comes to resorts lately so I spent a lot of time researching for this trip and we were so happy my time invested paid off!. I have to say that all the negatives that I have read on Trip Advisor were absolutely not evident on our stay! The free Happy Hour included with your stay was just that..happy! You had your choice of beer, wine or a rum punch and yes you can have more than one within that hour. Our favorite bartender was Victor. You can tell he loves his job and being with people, he was very personable. Unlike some of the others which is not a bad mark on them at all, Victor just stood out among the rest! Our rooms and grounds were very clean. I say rooms because we did have our room upgraded to a penthouse room that had a killer view and a private patio overlooking a partial view of the ocean. Elisha at the front desk was amazing and extremely patient with us as we vacillated over which upgrade we were going to take. She was quick to ask us what was wrong with our stay when someone called our room and woke up my boyfriend to discuss a return visit and he was a little put off by this. She was ready to make amends immediately and seemed very concerned that we were having a problem. That is what I like to see in a customer service agent. She was the best. Second, I saw a lot of reviews about being hounded to do the timeshare thing. All we had to do was say no thank you at check in and we were left alone. No one asked us again about it. Everyone was so friendly, the beach was amazing! We were there for Labor day weekend and it was crowded Sunday and Monday (our first two days there), but there was always room in the pools and we did get a cabana without any issues. We did not eat at the Guy Harvey Grill, we just thought for what you ordered the price did not justify that. Instead we walked the street and found a couple of great restaurants along the road. If you like Mexican you have got to try Agave, amazing is all I can say!!! The room itself was a bit small but really how long are you in your room when you have an amazing beach yards away? I was first considering the Island Grand and I am so glad I did not stay there it was way too big, I never did find the paddle boats. I do have to say that I found a chameleon in my room on my ironing board. LOL he must have hitched a ride in one of our bags, we promptly caught him and released him outside into the well kept grounds. Overall everything was wonderful but this place did have its short comings. First, no music by either the family pool or the adult pool (and yes there were absolutely no children allowed in the adult pool while we were there), I understand a "quiet" place by the adult pool but it was ridiculously quiet. Not saying you should have club music pumped in but something other than inaudible steel drums would be just as relaxing. Possibly rotating genres in the family pool area could be an option? We usually just used my cell phone for some music. The bed was just ok. The pillows were too hard for my boyfriend and he usually threw them on the floor and went without a pillow til he went and got his own out of the car. The price of the drinks and food were high, but I expect that from any resort period. Plus there was only one sit down restaurant, a tiki bar and the cafe in the lobby. Good thing there is a plethora of options on either the beach or the street and you can use all the amenities at the Island Grand too. Overall I would definitely recommend this place and would stay again in a heart beat! I am already planning when my next visit will be! Thanks again to the staff at Guy Harvey for a wonderful, relaxing week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida