This trip was booked through allegiant and what we thought was a great girls getaway was not that great for part of the trip, upon arriving we were told we owed more money around $500, but we had paid in full when we booked our trip, the lady just kept looking at the screen then said ok I think I see a credit. So we thought that it was taken care of, but it wasn't, the next day we find out there is a hold on the debit card that booked the trip, even though they had taken a credit card to hold when we checked in! So once again they tell us we owe over $500, then once speaking to multiple people we got that settled. Then the front desk calls back saying they need a credit card from someone else in the room o put a hold on, we didn't understand why they couldn't use the first credit card & we didn't want to give them another, so finally again after hrs of trying to sort things out we talked them into letting us use the same credit card which I didn't see why it was a big deal since it had a large limit. Needless to say after all the confusion & poor resolution to our problems it is not worth it to go back. The resort is mostly clean, although could use a few touch ups. The pool was actually pretty small even though there are two, & it was so warm that it was no relief to be in on a hot day. There is a free drink from 5-6, but only one & your choices are limited. This hotel is also layed out kind of weird, not that it makes a big difference, but part of the hallways are inside & parts are out-just one of he stranger hotels. We did walk to dinner each night 1-2 miles some nights, but there is a restaurant or two across the street. I'm gonna skip this place next time-try somewhere else if I'm in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida