We stayed at guy Harvey outpost for 4 nights, got a good vacation package on busch garden website. We arrived Fri evening after a long day at Busch gardens, tired, looking forward to our stay in GHO. We had rang earlier to request a quiet room as we had three young kids and had read some reviews re the noise from bar. When we arrived we were assigned our room right beside the loud bar! I was not too happy! I rang reception but they couldn't move us. The kids slept in bedroom of the suite so the noise wasn't too bad there but my husband and I had to sleep on pullout sofa bed but noise so bad we had to move and sleep with our toddler, 3 in a bed! We were moved the next day and from then on it was lovely, note to hotel: please honor guest requests re rooms and don't put a family of 5 with3 kids next to loud bar! After that shaky start, we really enjoyed our stay, got an upgrade on room, pools, beach, cabanas, big slide all fun, as was happy hour! Barman from Boston was v friendly. Kids loved the beach, slides, pool, we didn't avail of the Konk kids club, we went on the paddle boats and played few rounds of mini golf. We found resort transportation was expensive so we rented car instead, better value for money for us, from Hertz office on site at island grand. We ate at Beef o'brady's at island grand one evening which was good, and snappers across the road which was excellent! We had breakfast and lunch in our site as we had kitchenette. All in all, I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida