I live in Tampa and was trying to make a reservation for a getaway by the coast of Saint Petersburg. I got a very good deal and got there 4 p.m. The room was ready and the staff was very courteous. The room is indeed not gigantic since I reserved a standard room with view to the parking lot. I have to say that this fact didn't bother me much since the room was quiet, clean, well decorated in relaxing colors and the rest of the hotel was so nice to hang around. Of course, that is a room for a maximum of two people, with a small breakfast table/chairs, microwave, sink, small refrigerator. In terms of space for luggage, it could be tricky if you are carrying more than two pieces of luggage, but you can accommodate pretty well if you unpack everything and hang them in the closet and fold items into the drawers, then your luggage can me placed in the corner of the room with no harm to the overall space. One of the pools was located by the beach and they had free drinks from 5-6pm, along with a great sunset at the see. My reservation included resort amenities, which included, free towels by the beach, free cabanas, free wi-fi and free parking. There is also a nice fitness for workout aficionados. I had a great time and the best of my stay there was the fact that the location was so close to one of the most beautiful beaches of Florida. Definitely will go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida