“Checked off all the boxes.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vistas on the Gulf

Vistas on the Gulf
“Checked off all the boxes.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a place on the beach with a heated pool that had 2 bedrooms. This place was just what we were looking for. We stayed in unit 411. Everything about the place was great. It was stocked with all the kitchen tools for an extended stay. We had a couple requests of the management group and they were extremely accommodating and helpful. Only item to note is that the second bedroom is actually a sitting room with a door. Our unit had a daybed which works great for our only child but could be an issue for a larger family.

• Stayed March 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
BAtavia,Il, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Dear Vistas on the Gulf,

I almost never send letters of this type. However, our stay was the single most unpleasant that I have ever had in St Petersburg Beach. While the accommodations were very nice the stench of mold and mildew in the room was so bad that it caused serious problems with my allergies, I had the pleasure of taking my two granddaughters on spring break as well as visiting my mother who lives in the Beau Monde Condos. When we arrived home my wife made me unload my suitcase in the garage and put my clothes in a garbage bag before bringing them into the laundry room. It took three washings to get the smell out. This condo is badly in need of fumigation. My wife and I are blue water sailors and I can tell you that our boat never smelled at all. I do not recommend that you rent it out again until you take care of this. Part of the problem is that you left the air conditioner blower on all the time. Condensed water in the cooling unit collects mildew and mold. When the blower stays on after the compressor turns off that moldy water is re-evaporated and blows through the condo. I do not believe that we will ever stay there again. Sorry. Thank Heaven for the Beach Haven Motel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Donald D
Dalton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed in Unit 203 last week and it was beautiful! Great views of the gulf and amazing sunsets. Condo was tastefully decorated and well stocked. You can tell that the owners take great pride in making your stay as comfortable as possible. The property management was very easy to deal with as well. Will definitely be back! Hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
St. John's, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed at unit506 this past Xmas2013. So disappointed. Unit was so outdated. Kitchen utensils, chesterfield and most items in unit were worn out and should be thrown out. Owners reep all the profit. Ripped off

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Jackie Colbert ... W
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My Husband and I just came back from a WONDERFUL vacation in St. Pete !!! We stayed at condo at the Vistas...The unit itself was very clean and we had all the amenities you need...It was very comfortable and lots more space than your typical condo...The value of this condo was excellent compared to any other condo situated on the beach...The only drawback and remember this is if you want a "Gulf View" the lower the number the better view you have of the Gulf. We listened to traffic day and night and had to crane our necks to see the Gulf...Other than that we will be staying at the Vista's again only this time we will get a condo with a true FULL "Gulf View" ...

Room Tip: Get a condo with a lower number...The higher the number the closer you are the Gulf Blvd.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RLVINO
San Angelo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Beautiful place right on the beach, not a single complaint. Unit was very clean, well appointed, had everything we needed, plus free WIFI. Building was well maintained, management staff was polite & helpful. Close to everything...shops, grocery stores, restaurants. Great pool with lot of lounging space, perfect spa temperature, we even cooked out on the grill one evening and caught a beautiful sunset while enjoying dinner. Loved the morning walks on the beach which is steps from the building!

Will definitely return, I can see why the beach was voted #1!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 360trippytraveller
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I rented unit#307 from 8/4/13 to 8/9/13. I must say this was one of the most relaxing vacation we have ever had. First of all let me start by saying that we are from Miami and although we have gorgeous beaches down here. I must say that I prefer the gulf beaches because of their white sands and very little if any waves. The water was just perfect, you could see schools of fishes right through and one evening we even saw a dolphin. The sunsets are just spectacular and the beach is just a perfect location. It is a few blocks away from where all the "tourists" are so you feel more private and walking distance from where all the action is. Now as far as the resort. I couldn't give it more stars because 5 is the max I can give it. Everything from the customer service to the cleanliness, location, parking, pool, beach toys. It was just awesome. The unit was clean, comfortable and it had all the comforts of home. Each unit has an oceanview although some are sideways you still get to see the ocean. The pool is small but not too small, just right for the kids. Now the best thing I must say at this resort are the 2 ladies who take care of the office. Joanne and Anna. They are just terrific, one night we locked ourselves out of our unit. Now it was 11pm and both ladies were home resting (probably sleeping) from working all day, and Anna took a cab from here house to the resort just to open the door for us. I feel that this kind of service is priceless. I want to commend them and congratulate them for giving such five star service. I would definitely recommend this resort to everyone. It is a hidden gem and it should get more recognition.

Room Tip: The smaller the numbers the closer to the front (beach) they are. The higher numbers run bck towards...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family